1Password Chrome Extension not working

I recently installed 1Password 4 on windows 8.1 and the Chrome extension doesn't seem to be working properly. When i hit Ctrl + \, I don't get a prompt to unlock my keychain. If I click the 1Password icon on the chrome toolbar, it brings me to a page that says "looking for 1password helper..." and eventually it manages to connect. However, if I try pulling up 1password from the website again it prompts me for my password but doesn't find any matching logins. What could be going wrong?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Have you tried any of the tips in the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase?

• mbesemann
    mbesemann
    Community Member

Yes, I've tried everything except unchecking the "Automatically detect LAN settings" checkbox. I will try this and let you know what I find. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

OK, and please confirm that you've tried disabling 1Password's web browser signature verification, as mentioned in that article.

• mbesemann
    mbesemann
    Community Member

I've tried both of these, as well as disabling my antivirus, with no luck... Do I need to reboot after changing those options?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Have you tried the Help > Restart 1Password Helper command in the main 1Password program?

• mbesemann
    mbesemann
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

Yes I've tried this as well. Still no luck! Should I try uninstalling the antivirus? (Ad-Aware)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Yes, please, and be sure to let us know how it goes. We'd like to ad it to our knowledgebase, if we can figure out what helps.

Thank you!

• mbesemann
    mbesemann
    Community Member

I uninstalled the antivirus and now 1Password can interact with the current page, but the login does not get auto-filled. When I hit Control + \ I get the 1Password menu, and for instance if I'm on Twitter there will be a "Twitter" login listed, however clicking on it does not autofill the login. Keep in mind I have not rebooted yet since uninstalling (remotely accessing this machine) so I'm not sure if that has an effect.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Also : did you try to manually create the login for twitter ? If it doesn't fill, maybe that 1Password does not recognize the fields on the page ? It's just a blind guess.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Well, a reboot never hurts, and creating a new Login item for that site is always worth a try. (Developers change login pages, either the visible or invisible parts, in ways that might be confusing 1Password, as @J.M suggests.)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@mbesemann‌, please let us know whether the problem persists.

Thanks!

• Wesley Berendsen
    Wesley Berendsen
    Community Member

Hi @DBrown‌ , and others,!

I have the exact same problem. It was working fine untill 3 days ago. It looks like the link with the chrome extension to 1password for windows is broken somehow. When i click the extension in Chrome my Chrome freezes and is not responding anymore. What i have tried is:

• Disabled firewall/Virusscanner ( Kaspersky Pure 3.0 )
    • Re-installed Chrome
    • Re-installed 1Password for Windows
    • Re-installed the 1Password Chrome extension
    • Installed 64 and 32 Bit version of Chrome with the plugin ( Currently running 32 Bit version )

Is there a way for fixing this? Its kinda starting to get annoying when i need to copy and past all the saved passwords to login somewhere.

Kind regards,

Wesley

• Wesley Berendsen
    Wesley Berendsen
    Community Member

And magically it just fixxed itself. Strange but its working again. Thanks!

• Hey Wesley,

We're glad to hear that 1Password is working again. I'm curious about the reason it "fixed itself", though.

As far as we know, Kaspersky PURE3.0 is the only Kaspersky anti-malware product that doesn't yet work with 1Password.
    It's a seemingly discontinued software that hasn't received any major updates in a while and wasn't among those programs that received the fix that ensures compatibility with 1Password and its extensions.

I'd also love to know which version of 1Password you're using and would like to ask you to double-check whether code signature verification is enabled in 'Help > Advanced'.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

• Wesley Berendsen
    Wesley Berendsen
    Community Member

Hey @AlexHoffmann‌ ,

I have no idea. I have been working with Kaspersky Pure 3.0 for 3 years now and 1Password for 6 months i think.
    I am using 1Password 4 and signature is off. I have not changed any of the settings in Kaspersky or 1Password.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to you too!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That's interesting, Wesley. All previous indications have been that 1Password and Kaspersky Pure 3.0 are incompatible, and it's clear that Kaspersky is no longer maintaining that product.

• Wesley Berendsen
    Wesley Berendsen
    Community Member

Might be, all i know is that it always have worked with 1Password and Kaspersky Pure 3.0 together.
    All i know is that i have been using Kaspersky longer then 1Password, haha!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks again, and happy new year!

This discussion has been closed.