No Firefox button

Just updated o 1Password 4 yesterday under Windows 7. Am running Firefox 24. Am unable to find the button after installing the extension which is shown in the AddOns manager as installed and is version 4.2.4. There is no button in the Customize Toolbar window. Have uninstalled and repeated the process a few times to no avail.

The version 3 extension was removed first but I still have not uninstalled 1Password 3. Would that make a difference? I think I had the same issue in version 3 but apaprently was able to correct it. Not this time. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

First, Firefox is currently at version 33; please consider updating your installation, as we support only the current stable releases.

If that doesn't help, did you uninstall 1Password 1 for Windows? (If you do it now, after installing version 4, you may need to run the version-4 installer again.)

If that doesn't help, have you checked the Missing 1Password button article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase?

• BlueFrog
    BlueFrog
    Community Member

As one with low vision, Firefox would break on a regular basis with each new update so I simply stopped at 24.

Uninstalled everything, tried again, no joy so installed 1 again. Got the button with no fuss. 1 is a bit better than 4 anyway visually so will stay with that.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

Of course, whatever is best for your needs!

Note that 1Password 4 for Windows works fine with the 3.x extensions, in case that combination works for you.

Thanks for letting us know, @BlueFrog.

This discussion has been closed.