sjk
1Password Alumni
edited November 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Comments

• bdawg923
    bdawg923
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

Hi, I also wanted to export my Roboform data to 1Password (on Windows). I am using Megan's suggestion of filling with Roboform and saving with 1Password in the browser so eventually I will get all my logins copied over. But ... if I log into the same site twice at different days for example, 1Password will twice ask me to save the password. Roboform used to recognize that the site is the same and nothing changed so it wouldn't ask me to save the info if it was already saved. Is there a way to do that with 1Password? It asks me every time to save something even if it's already there.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

1Password should prompt you to save a Login only if you're at a different URL or if you're using a different username or password (or maybe if some other field on the form has changed).

Does that help any?

• bdawg923
    bdawg923
    Community Member

It prompts me every time at the same URL and the username and password haven't changed since last time I logged in and saved it.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Is the full URL saved in the Login item exactly the same as the full URL at which you're logging in when it prompts you to save a new one?

Also, does it happen at every URL for which you have a Login saved, or does 1Password behave as expected in this respect at some URLs?

Have you created any Login items in 1Password (main program or extension), or are you using only Logins you've imported?

• bdawg923
    bdawg923
    Community Member

Ok, I think I see what's happened. When I sign in to a site and it asks me to unlock the vault and save it, once I enter my master password, it doesn't ask again until it's a new site or URL or login info has changed, as intended. But the reason it keeps popping up and asking me to save is after it lock after a period of inactivity, it can't check to see whether or not the URL / login / pass matches. I have to unlock for it to check. So, my mistake. It does work as intended, as long as it's unlocked. Thanks for your help.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If 1Password is locking more often than you like, see the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide for instructions on the preference settings with which you can adjust that behavior.

This discussion has been closed.