Fill & Submit only partly works on

bondskin
bondskin
Community Member
edited December 2010 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
On the following URL, the Fill&Submit option does only partly works.
Programm-Manager T-Home

I am aware that the site is using flash, but if you click the "login" link on top-left, a new window pops up.
1Password is filling the username field but password remains empty.
Only if I *manually* click on password, I can see the entered value.

If I now press on "login" it perfectly works.

Are you able to verify & fix this, please?

thanks
Mike

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry that you are having this problem, Mike.

1Password is unable to save and restore logins for sites that use Adobe Flash. As far as we know, no browser password manager anywhere supports Flash-based sites because it is a proprietary solution and does not interface with the browser much at all. In fact, we worked with a Flash consultant and after reviewing the latest APIs provided by Adobe we found it is still not possible unless websites modify their code to allow it.

Most websites realize the problems with using Flash and provide a standard HTML login page as well. If you search around on their site or contact their support, you will likely find a normal login page that will work correctly. If you cannot find one, the only workaround is to save the username and password in 1Password and copy and paste it whenever you need to log into the site.

Without Flash installed, nothing comes up on the page other than this message:

This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash

Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login in Safari at:

https://login.idm.telekom.com/toid/login.cgp?tid=T2cdPcl6Q5LC20hr3NSRKqpn

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :-)

Please take a look at our "Website Login Issues" guide as well:

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/login_issues.html

Note especially that editing the login to change the Submit value from "If Autosubmit is ON" to "Never" works on a lot of sites which modify the form before submitting it or are looking for a literal key press or mouse click. This will give you the chance to actually give them what they are looking for by submitting the form yourself rather than allowing 1Password to do it on your behalf.

In the case of this particular login, you will need to disable autosubmit and click inside the password field to focus and then click the Login button.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.