Can't sync Windows 8 to Dropbox where current IPAD and IPHONE are syncing fine

I have latest Ipad and IPhone where latest versions of 1Password are syncing fine through Dropbox.
I then loaded latest 1Password for Windows (4) to Windows 8 machine, but dropdown browse menu does not show my Vault file which sits within an App folder in Dropbox. Can only see document files, not the App file containing the Vault. Thus, I can't find my primary Vault in Dropbox.

what am I missing here? PLease and Thank YOu.

Steve G.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

Are you sure you've enabled Dropbox sync in 1Password for iOS on the iPhone and iPad?

If you have, do you see a folder named 1Password.agilekeychain in your <Dropbox-root-folder>/Apps/1Password folder on your PC (or on your private dropbox.com web site)?

If you do, that's the folder to choose in 1Password for Windows.

I hope that helps, @rifledmusket. Please let us know how it goes.

• rifledmusket
    rifledmusket
    Community Member

Yes I do. That's the point. I see the App folder when I observe the contents of my Dropbox by most means.

However, on my PC, when I try to start the new 1password program and it gives me three choices and I pick "I have a vault," the dropdown menu shows folders and I sse my Dropbox, but I can't see the App folder within that Dropbox folder. I see all the rest of the Dropbox contents.

Any help?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

It does help—thanks!

Do you see the Apps folder when you view your Dropbox folder in Windows Explorer?
    (That's the one you use to view files and folders, not Internet Explorer.)

• rifledmusket
    rifledmusket
    Community Member

No. I cannot see the Apps folder when I view my Dropbox folder in Windows Explorer. What does that mean? Does that suggest what I am doing wrong?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

It suggests one of the following:

• that you do not have Dropbox installed on your PC

• that Dropbox on your PC is associated with a different Dropbox account

• that Dropbox on your PC is unable to connect to your private dropbox.com web site

• that Dropbox on your PC is set to "syncing paused"

Can you check all of those and let us know what you find?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.