Internet Explorer 10: Identity items not populating

Hi,

While regular logins seem to work fine and all items seem ok on chrome, identity items are not working in Internet explorer 10 on windows 7 for me.

I'm running Windows 7 SP1, Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.17116CO, 1Password for Windows 4.1.0.526. I find it hard to tell in Windows what version of the extension I'm running I'm afraid!

Anyone with any advice please chime in. I've seen a similar issue flagged with safari previously but the chosen solution then - creating a new identity item- does not work.

E

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

I'm afraid I don't have IE 10 on a Windows 7 test system, Eoghan, as we formally support the latest versions of the various browsers.

That said, I believe it should work fine with IE 10. I hope you won't mind my waiting a bit to see if anyone else sees the problem.

Thanks for your patience!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Ah, forgive the memory lapse, @eoghan.

I've been reminded that only Login items can be used to fill form fields in IE; with Credit Card and Identity items, the right-click opens the item in the main 1Password program, where you can copy the value you need (to paste it into the form).

If you have access to Chrome or one of the other supported browsers, the Identity item should work for you as expected. Please let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.