Can't open iTunes backup folder on windows

I have successfully backed up 1Password in ITunes and saved it to my Windows PC - now I want to open the file on Windows, and nothing opens. What app do I open the file with so I can view it?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

What's the name of the file you're trying to open, Barb, and where and how did you create it?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

Is .1p4_zip the file extension, and did you create it in 1Password for iOS?

If so, you can use that file only to restore your 1Password data to 1Password for iOS through iTunes (or possibly to 1Password for Mac, if you have that).

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

More to the point, it sounds like you want to share and sync your 1Password data between your iOS device and your PC.

If that's the case, please see the Syncing your 1Password data article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide, with special attention to the Getting your 1Password data from iOS article, since that seems most applicable.

• Barb Banman
    Barb Banman
    Community Member

Your explanation that the backup file is for restoring, not for viewing, is sufficient. It's not necessary for me to share and sync between my IOS device and PC. Just wanted to make sure I backed up the file correctly. Thank you for your help.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We're always glad to help, Barb!

Syncing is very convenient, so we hope you'll look into your options and let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.