Getting password error

I can't open my account- every time I enter in the password that I've been using, I get an 'incorrect password' message. For a few days before this happened, my account appeared to be open every time I used it. I didn't need to enter my password to open it.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry you're having that problem, @liz!

You have complete control over whether and when your 1Password data is locked (as long as your computer is running, anyway), so it's hard to say why it didn't request your master password.

As for not remembering your master password, though, I can offer only this article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/forgotten-master-password-win

Is it possible that you have more than one .agilekeychain folder on your PC?

Also, are you trying to unlock your 1Password data in the browser extension or in the main 1Password program?

• liz
    liz
    Community Member

I think it was a browser extension. The 1password icon is to the right of the address bar.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Try launching the main 1Password program, to see whether your master password unlocks your vault there.

If it doesn't, choose File > Open (or Reopen) 1Password Vault to make sure you're opening the correct vault.

Please let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.