Feature Request: Identities on the iPhone

I've created a few identities on my iPad but I don't see how to access them on my iPhone - how do I do this?

Comments

• chinarut wrote:

I've created a few identities on my iPad but I don't see how to access them on my iPhone - how do I do this?

Identities are currently not displayed on the iPhone, though we have been reconsidering this. The original reason is that 1Password for iPhone doesn't support filling anything but logins, and we didn't see how Identities could be useful. However, as I said, we're rethinking this, and you may see Identities on the iPhone in a future release.

Thanks for the feedback!
  • RobYoder wrote:

Identities are currently not displayed on the iPhone, though we have been reconsidering this. The original reason is that 1Password for iPhone doesn't support filling anything but logins, and we didn't see how Identities could be useful. However, as I said, we're rethinking this, and you may see Identities on the iPhone in a future release.

thanks for taking the feedback and glad to hear you are reconsidering it.

the use case I suggested to someone is to use identities for contacts you don't want public in your address book.

this sounded like a great use of this feature.

just more food for thought!
  • chinarut wrote:

thanks for taking the feedback and glad to hear you are reconsidering it.

the use case I suggested to someone is to use identities for contacts you don't want public in your address book.

this sounded like a great use of this feature.

just more food for thought!

Thanks again. That *is* food for thought. :-)
  • d0cent
    d0cent
    Community Member
    DBrown wrote:

We'll get Identity-fill into the FF and IE extensions, too, in a future release of 1Password.

Thanks for your patience!

I hope 1password for iOS will support Identities too :huh:
  • d0cent wrote:

I hope 1password for iOS will support Identities too :huh:

At this time, Identities are supported on the iPad, but not on the iPhone. Please see Rob's comments above for more information.

Cheers!
  • BrianEunilKim
    edited June 2011
    I'd also love to see Identities on my iPhone. I use it a lot to store sensitive information for my family. I don't use it to fill in any login form, but I'd like it to be there on my iPhone to look them up.
    Don't forget the notes field on the identities!
    I'm waiting for that missing notes field on 1Password for Windows... I use that field a lot to store info that doesn't belong to any of the given fields.

I thought about just using Secure Notes, but I feel like Identities is made for storing sensitive personal info.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the feedback, BrianEunilKim! I don't have any further information on this at the moment, but I know it is something we are looking at for a future update.
  • califgrll
    califgrll
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, BrianEunilKim! I don't have any further information on this at the moment, but I know it is something we are looking at for a future update.

Another vote for "Identities" on iPhone. Everything I use them for on my desktop I also do on my phone.
This discussion has been closed.