New 1Password Firefox plugin won't autofill a page

Hello, I have recently upgraded to version 4 and am so far not impressed. It seems to have lost some functionality from version 3. The most important to me is that I had saved a login for a Paypal customs information page so that it would pre-fill most of the fields. When I use that login with the new Firefox plugin, it does nothing at all. When I use it with the old plugin, it still works fine. I even made a new login with the new version and it worked until I left that page and doesn't work now when I go back to it.

There are other logins that used to work fine but don't anymore so I have to copy and paste them in. This seems like such a simple and key thing. How can I make it work again?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry to hear you're having that problem, @kwanner!

Can you tell us a couple of URLs where we can try saving a new Login item to see whether it works for us?

Thanks!

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

The one I can recall (the important one) is when you create a shipping label using Paypal. If the customer is in a different country, you get a page where you have to fill in a bunch of customs information. Since mine is the same for every customer, I have a login saved that populates several of the form fields. Then I just have to write the cost and weight and hit next instead of filling them all in each time.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like it's those "web form details" or "additional web fields" that are saved as part of your Login item but now aren't being used correctly to fill that form.

Is that right?

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

Sounds right. Nothing at all gets filled.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

How closely does the URL of the page with the shipping form match the URL saved in the Login item?

Also, do you have the Lenient URL matching option enabled on the Logins tab of 1Password preferences?

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

I changed the URL to just https://www.paypal.com with no better result. It was previously a long string of characters specific to the shipping label I created the login with, but that always worked with the older version of 1password.
    I also turned on Lenient URL Matching but no luck there either.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the follow-up, @kwanner.

Do those "failing" Login items work as expected in Internet Explorer and Chrome?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Also, have you tried creating a new Login item (as described in this article in the 1Password for Windows knowledgebase) to see whether the new Login item works as expected?

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

Yes, I manually created the second attempt but it did not help.
    As soon as another order comes in I will try with IE. I do not have Chrome.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @kwanner.

Keep us posted!

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

Hi DBrown,
    I have tested with IE and it does work as it used to with that browser.
    Now what?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

If possible, please install Chrome and enable the 1Password extension for Chrome, and let us know whether the Login works (as in IE) or doesn't work (as in Firefox).

If that's not possible, please provide a specific URL where we can try to reproduce the problem.

Thanks!

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

I downloaded and installed Chrome just to test for you. The saved form data does not work.
    So yes for IE but no for Chrome and Firefox.

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

I doubt it will help you, but this is the link to the webpage that creates shipping labels:
    https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=O8YEs3j01DB5LTgEuU5-dYzkEe9LKPcA8tVj5E63aqAWspX49os7pMjmz9e&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d66f31424b43e9a70645c907a6cbd8fb4
    Of course there is a login so you won't be able to actually go to it.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for checking it in Chrome! That should help Dev some.

You're right, of course—the link us of no use, in this case.

Is there any particular type of field (dates, for example) that the extension is consistently failing to fill?

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

The form fields are all Texts and Selects.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

I'm reporting this issue to Dev, @kwanner, but I don't know what else to suggest at this time.

Thanks for providing us with so much information, which I hope will help Dev diagnose the problem.

I'm glad you're at least able to use 1Password in IE at that site.

Thanks for your patience!

ref: OPX-682

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

I only use Firefox. IE is going back into storage. :P I will just keep both versions of the Firefox add-on installed and keep using the old one for filling in this form. I'll post back if I come across any others that don't work.
    Thanks for your help, I look forward to an update.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm not aware of anyone having tested keeping multiple versions of the 1Password extension installed in a single browser simultaneously.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I'm not aware of anyone having tested keeping multiple versions of the 1Password extension installed in a single browser simultaneously.

I have had independent copies of the extension running in two separate Chrome profiles and, as you might remember, it caused no end of problems. It's mostly working right now, but now and then it will get its knickers in a twist either start popping up the extension on the wrong window or just ignoring Ctrl+\ entirely.

• Hi, @kwanner‌. I'm trying to replicate this issue, but need to have a page to do that on. If this is still an issue for you, can you please send me the HTML source of the page?

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

Hi yes it is a big issue still. I have saved the source from that webpage. Please email me for it. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any company information in it but I'd rather not share it publicly anyway.
    Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I believe you can send it to him by private message here in the forum, @kwanner‌.

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

Oh yeah, thanks! Done.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

No problem. I'm sure @RobYoder will get back to you as soon as possible.

• Thanks for sending me the HTML page, @kwanner! We're currently working on a major overhaul to our page filling that will fix this issue and many others. I don't have an exact timeframe for when it will be available in 1Password for Windows, but we're hoping relatively soon.

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

Great to hear! Glad I could help.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I have no information about when that change may be implemented, @kwanner, so please keep an eye on release notes.

• kwanner
    kwanner
    Community Member

I'm afraid I need to reopen this support ticket.
    I have been using both versions v3 and v4 this whole time. I'm using v3 for the sole purpose of autofilling the above-mentioned Paypal page many times each day because v4 still can't do it.
    Now that Firefox has updated and removed my access to v3, I would like to see if AgileBits has made progress with the problem.

• Hi, @kwanner, I'm sorry to hear it's still not working for you.

Just to confirm, have you tried saving a new copy of the Login item with the new extension recently? I know you'd mentioned you had done that before, but if you haven't done that recently, could you try again?

This discussion has been closed.