Form-fill problem in Chrome 38

DBrown
DBrown
1Password Alumni
edited November 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was split from an unrelated thread.

Comments

• saffy
    saffy
    Community Member

I have problems with Chrome on Windows 7 (Chrome 38.0.2125.111, 1Password for Windows 4.1.0.526)

Double-clicking from within 1Password to "go and fill" seems to have stopped working on a number of sites - 2 failing behaviours:
    1) Some sites (such as twitter) wont work from 1Password directly but using right-click on an open site will work
    2) Other sites such as my.moneydashboard.com have stopped working altogether and I have to resort to copy and pasting the login information from 1Password as right-clicking won't work either.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    1. I was able, a few times, to reproduce the scenario where I had a Login item saved for a site, I double-clicked the Login, and 1Password wouldn't fill the form that opened in Chrome, but I could press Ctrl+\ (or click the 1Password toolbar icon or right-click and select 1Password) to make 1Password fill the form.

Unfortunately, it's not consistent. In other words, sometimes it would fail to "go & fill" as described above, but mostly it would work as expected. I tried toggling several different options, but I couldn't find a configuration or a sequence of steps that would always cause it to fail.

If you can provide any additional information, we'd love to figure out what's going on.

2. Try creating a new Login for such a site, using the extension to save it for you, as described in this article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase. If the new one works as expected, you can delete the old one.

Please let us know how it goes, @saffy.

This discussion has been closed.