Updated to 4 and lost right to use License key...

Hi,

Frustratingly I just updated 1Password and it has stripped me back to a demo account. When I type in my 1Password License Key as requested, it says "This is not a valid License for 1Password, but you are eligible for a discount!". This is frustrating because I need to use 1Password today. My frustration is not eased by the fact that you don't have any method of submitting a request for assistance outside of this forum.

Hoping to hear back soon.

Nic

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

Which version did you update from? If it was an earlier v4 then I have no idea what's going on.
    If this is the case then would do you need to do with 1Password today? As I understand it, the only restriction on the demo version is lack of ability to add or edit more than 20 items in a vault. You should be able to access all of your existing items.

If it was v1 and you bought it prior to 2013 then you have two options:

1) Purchase the upgrade to v4. This will give you a new license and obviously everything should work.
    2) Uninstall v4 and carry on using v1. It should still be installed.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@Nic9, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble registering 1Password 4 for Windows.

That message means you entered a 1Password 1 for Windows license. As @RichardPayne‌ wrote and as described in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase, we offer a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows to anyone who purchased the license in 2014 or even 2013; others will need to pay a relatively small upgrade fee for the new version or continue using the old version (which will no longer be maintained and updated, but which can still be downloaded here).

Note that you can also contact us at support@agilebits.com, but the forums are sometimes a little quicker in terms of response time, as we've been swamped with e-mail for a few weeks.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

I need to use 1Password today

@Nic9 We do not un-install the old version. You should still have it here: Start > Programs > 1Password

(oh, and the new version might read "demo" but it is not crippled -- you should have access to all your Login items)

This discussion has been closed.