1Password4: Can't see my eMail accounts

Hi together,

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't see my eMail accounts (category eMail) on my Win client, on iOS and Mac OS I can see them.

Thanks,
Michael

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

They're grouped under the "Account" label on the category bar.

• miccom
    miccom
    Community Member

Thanks, you are right!

• AlexHoffmann
    edited November 2014

Richard is a great source of information around here :)
    Thanks Richard!

To elaborate a bit:
    1Password 4 for Windows still uses the older category system. In the not too distant future this will change and the categories will appear the same way as they do in the OS X, iOS, and Android versions.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@AlexHoffmann On Windows, we display ALL the item types but some of them are grouped under Wallet and Accounts. On Mac and iOS, some of those item types (such as: instant messenger, FTP account, generic account, iCloud, Amazon, etc) are automatically converted into Login items. Personally, I find the latter more confusing than the former.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

On Mac and iOS, some of those item types (such as: instant messenger, FTP account, generic account, iCloud, Amazon, etc) are automatically converted into Login items. Personally, I find the latter more confusing than the former.

Am I correct in saying that it does this because the local database it uses to store all the data is formatted to suit the opvault format which doesn't support those additional types?
    Can I also assume that when migrating items from agilekeychain to opvault, using 1pif files for example, that Windows must do a similar conversion?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Am I correct in saying that it does this because the local database it uses to store all the data is formatted to suit the opvault format which doesn't support those additional types? Can I also assume that when migrating items from agilekeychain to opvault, using 1pif files for example, that Windows must do a similar conversion?

@RichardPayne‌ Correct.

This discussion has been closed.