This is way more than I signed on for

The marketing and the concept for 1 password is excellent but I have had it now for several months and until I am able to devote a concentrated and substantial amount of time to understand it and to actually make it work it is of no value to me. Who has this kind of time to figure out what is presented as a fully functioning password system?
I tried once again last night to devote some time to it and managed to lock myself out of my corporate bank account.
this really hurts your credibility when you bring a product to market and then in your "support" page there are more "discussions" ( read problems) than solutions. I am not a highly technical user and feel that this product has been misrepresented. Unless of course as others have indicated on this discussion board, I am an idiot. Please design something that idiots like me can actually use and not need to invest days of frustration to try and make the thing work.
for example how the heck can I get it to enter my online banking site which has a double sign on? i.e. an "online identity" and then a password. that is how I got into the most recent trouble.
I am about an inch away from dumping this product and going looking for somthing I can actually grasp. My apologies to you genius's out there who feel that this is an excellent product and have had no issues with start up.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

It's an old axiom in engineering: There's no such thing as a fool proof design; any time you succeed, nature just invents a better fool. :stuck_out_tongue:

I'm not sure how you locked yourself out of your bank account. Do they not have a password reset system?

for example how the heck can I get it to enter my online banking site which has a double sign on? i.e. an "online identity" and then a password.

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/creating-multi-page-logins

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

@RichardPayne mentions one article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide in answer to your specific question, @mdumbrell‌, and that should indeed be useful to you in that situation.

But I'll ask that you start by taking just a few minutes to read the "quick start" topics at the top of the table of contents in the user's guide.

They contain the minimum information you need, to use 1Password for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.