Master password for Windows and iOS different?

Can the master password for Windows and the iOS be different?

I changed the master password on my iOS app. And immediately, on my desktop, Dropbox detected changes and synced successfully. I exited 1Password on Windows and started it again, and entered the new Master password, but it accepted only the older one.

But, on my iOS device, it needed the new master password and not the older one.

How can the master passwords be different? What if in case I want to reload the agilekeychain file onto either my iOS or the Windows PC - what master password will I use in this case?

Comments

• makutoni
    makutoni
    Community Member

Hi abhisheksha

master password doesn't getting synced across 1password you use on MAC and Windows versions. Hence you should remember both your master passwords for '1password's" versions.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Alternatively you could just change the password on both systems to be the same.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

Your master password change should travel from Windows to Mac (and vice versa) but on Mac and iOS you might need to unlock your vault with the old master password at least once.

• abhisheksha
    abhisheksha
    Community Member

Can anyone please post a definitive reply to this?

I'll clarify once again. I have 1Password installed on 2 devices. WINDOWS (NOT MAC) and iPhone (iOS).

The agilekeychain file is getting synced via the same Dropbox account.

I changed the master password via the iPhone app. I noticed Dropbox on Windows syncing the changes.

Now, I use the changed master password to unlock my iPhone app, but the old Master Password to unlock the desktop app.

Shouldn't the master passwords to unlock be same on both the devices?

(RichardPayne - You're comment doesn't necessarily solve the issue)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

@abhisheksha‌, one of my co-workers assures me that the master password should be the same on both, now.

Please create a diagnostic report in both 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Windows, attach them to an e-mail message in which you include a link to this forum thread's URL, and send it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com—thanks!

• abhisheksha
    abhisheksha
    Community Member

It's taking too long. Does anyone have a definitive solution?

• abhisheksha
    abhisheksha
    Community Member

Any help? I tried reinstalling 1Password on Windows. It still accepts the older Master Password.

• @abhisheksha‌

We've received the email and will respond to you shortly.

This discussion has been closed.