Difficulty making the Dopbox folder(s) work.

I have 1Password working nicely on the PC with Windows XP. I did this before I had a dropbox folder. Now I have a Asus T100 laptop/tablet Windows 8 based computer that I would like to share a Vault on the dropbox foulder. I tried to establish that foulder with both machines and now have a mess and can't seem to delete the foulders to start over. I even tried to drag and drop the base file "1Password.agilekeychain", which works with the PC but the T100 doesn't even see it. Can you make this simple for me?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

I probably could have...a little sooner! :D

For Dropbox syncing to work, you need to have Dropbox installed on both computers and associated with the same Dropbox account, and your 1Password vault (the .agilekeychain folder) needs to be somewhere in the Dropbox folder hierarchy.

To start, what's the full path to the 1Password vault, as shown on the General tab of 1Password preferences on the desktop PC where you had 1Password working?

• Kenhattan
    Kenhattan
    Community Member

Original active folder on computer with file and vault files

C:\Documents and Settings\Ken Hattan\My Documents\1 Password\1Password.agilekeychain

• Kenhattan
    Kenhattan
    Community Member

Okay, all is well. I just needed to delete the old file from the drop box that was created by the
    T100 computer for the 1Password program running on that computer. It seems like I couldn't do that until I opened the file moved over to the dropbox from the PC computer. ? I just did the drag and drop method and now everything works good. Thanks for the very little effort for it got me thinking more and reading more to solve this myself. Old guy learns old trick he already knew.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

OK, that shows us that your 1Password data on this machine is not under Dropbox sync control. Does 1Password on this machine have all your Logins and other saved items? That is, can you see them in the main 1Password program on this machine? Is this the vault you want to be using?

If not, stop here, and let us know—we'll take a different route.

If this is the vault you want to be using, you should be able to click the Move to Drobox button on the General tab of 1Password preferences.

• If you can click the Move to Dropbox button, your 1Password data will sync up to your private dropbox.com web site and down to your laptop, after which you can open it in 1Password for Windows on that machine.

• If you can't click the Move to Dropbox button, it means either you don't have Dropbox installed on this computer, or you already have a folder named 1Password.agilekeychain in your local Dropbox folder hierarchy.

Let us know what you find.

This discussion has been closed.