Discount for Windows Licence if I already have an OS X Licence?

Hi,

I have a licence for 1Password 5 on OS X. I am considering getting a licence for 1Password for Windows, and am wondering whether if there is anyway I can get this licence at a discounted price as I already have the OS X licence? If so what would the price be for the Windows licence?

Also, I am not sure on what your major update cycles are? I would be disappointed if were to buy a licence now, only for an upgrade to be released shortly afterwards and then have to pay a further upgrade cost.

Would be grateful if you could advise.

Many thanks.

Comments

• stuppy
    stuppy
    Community Member

Anyone?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Yes can have a discount, i just don't remember the exact final price, it's either 25$ or 35$. The Agile Bits team is quite busy at the moment with the latest Mac releases so don't be surprised if they don't reply in a short time frame ;) .

As for the update cycles, i think they're not short as i bought 1Password 1 for Windows in 2012 and the next major version was released several months ago.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

@stuppy, if you purchased a 1Password 5 for Mac license in our online store, your license will get you a nice discount on the purchase of a 1Password for Windows license. In the same online store, just click the Select button below the Upgrade license button for 1Password 4 for Windows (because that's all you need—you already have 1Password 5 for Mac):

If you purchased 1Password 5 for Mac in the Mac App Store, it's a little more complicated, because Apple handles all the billing for apps sold in their stores. In that case, send us a copy of your App Store receipt for 1Password for Mac, attached to an e-mail message to support+licenses@agilebits.com. As J.M says, we're pretty swamped, but someone will help you as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your interest in 1Password 4 for Windows!

• stuppy
    stuppy
    Community Member

Cheers DBrown. Just got round to buying the Windows licence.

Do you have any idea of when a new major release will be released (both OSX and Windows versions). Can you tell me wether my current licences will be valid for 1Password versions 6 and 5 (OSX, Windows respectively), once they are released?

Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I don't make such decisions, but (a) upgrades to a new major revision are not included in the purchase price, (b) AgileBits has a history of generous upgrade discounts, and (c) the current major revisions of 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Windows were released relatively recently.

I hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.