Matching logins and 1Password mini

I personally like the behavior you get with 1Password min disabled with multiple matches for logins. The matches appear next to your cursor in the username/password fields.

If 1Password mini is enabled, they appear in above the sys tray.

For a while I thought something was broken cause I have a huge monitor and did not notice this.

I want to run 1Password mini so that I don't have to log into the app with auto-unlock when unlocking the browser extension. But I also don't want matching logins to appear in the sys tray either.

Is it By Design that the matches appear in the sys tray when using the browser extension? Or is that a bug?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

1Password Mini ? To my knowledge 1Password mini is for Mac OS X. Maybe you're talking about the 1Password Agent which sits in the notification area on Windows?

In that case yes, unless you click on the extension icon, the browser extension will open its menu just above the notification area when you call it with a keyboard shortcut. It would be good if the menu would open at cursor location but I mainly use autofill so i don't see the menu that often.

• Omar Shahine
    Omar Shahine
    Community Member

Yes, I'm calling the 1Password thingy in the sys tray "1password mini". My understanding is that it's equivalent thing.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

It would be good if the menu would open at cursor location but I mainly use autofill so i don't see the menu that often.

It used to work this way (open at the cursor when you pressed Ctrl+\) but it was changed to behave in the same way as 1Password Mini on the Mac.

4.0.0.BETA-443 (build #443) - Released 2014-02-24 - download

When you press Ctrl+\ then the popup should appear near the tray icon (not at the mouse cursor position).

The hilarious thing is the Mac version has recently changed to display centre screen:

5.0.1 (build #501000) - Released 2014-10-16 - download

1Password 5 is a free update for all existing 1Password 4 customers.

Fully redesigned for Yosemite

1Password mini now appears in the center of the screen when using opt+cmd+\

@svondutch, are you going to revert the Windows change to keep up with the Mac? ;)

• Omar Shahine
    Omar Shahine
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

This is a pretty big usability problem for my wife who never sees the pop-up. So my options are:

1. disable 1Password tray icon - and live with no auto-unlock across extension and 1password

2. leave things as is, not the end of the world, but not ideal

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Omar Shahine‌ there is always the 1Password button in your web browser's toolbar.

• Omar Shahine
    Omar Shahine
    Community Member

@svondutch‌ that's true. I'll just work around this, but would be nice for an option in the future.

• Thanks for voicing your preference Omar! Cheers

This discussion has been closed.