Sync IOS to IOS Device & Windows to IOS

needhelp
needhelp
Community Member
edited November 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have set up 1Password on my Windows (running Windows 8) Laptop to sync through Dropbox to my IPad Air2 and IPhone 6. I loaded on my passwords etc to my laptop and found most had transferred over to my ios devices ok.

I have two things not working and would appreciate some help.

1. Items that have gone into the Wallet section in 1 Password on my laptop have not synced over to the IOS devices. Any ideas what I need to do to get them transferred over.

2. I have tried to put a new item into 1 Password on my IOS device and they are not syncing between each other or going back onto my laptop. What do i need to do to get them all to sync up when adding items through the IOS device.

I do have syncing on in Icloud.

Thanks

Comments

• needhelp
    needhelp
    Community Member

OK Guys my question was obviously stupid so lets try another question. My Windows 8 is syncing to my Iphone but not my Ipad. Do i need to pay extra to get it to sync to two different IOS devices. Helpppppppppp Thanks

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    1. The Wallet and Accounts groups do not appear in 1Password for iOS, where all categories (item types) are listed separately.

2. From this and your follow-up question, it sounds like Dropbox syncing on the iPad is not set up correctly.

You have to set up syncing on each device that you want to sync with the others.

Can you conform that you have gone through the full Drobox-sync-setup process, described in the 1Password for iOS user's guide on the iPad, as well as on the iPhone?

• needhelp
    needhelp
    Community Member

Hi. Im pretty sure i have done the same procedure on the Ipad and Iphone. Items are going onto my phone Ok but not into the Ipad

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm afraid the only way to know what's going on is to ask you to make sure Dropbox syncing is set up identically on both.

Thanks!

• needhelp
    needhelp
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

Thank you for your help. I deleted the link to Dropbox on my Ipad and re installed it and now seems to be syncing all OK.

Can i just clarify an answer you gave regarding a previous question. I have installed lots of passwords etc on my laptop and put some into the Accounts section and some into the Wallet section. The items in the Wallet section have no synced over to the IOS device. You have said earlier they do not show the sections on IOS which i can see but i dont understand why the items I have put in the Wallet section have not come over the IOS. Do you have to pay extra for items in that section to show on the IOS.

Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

As far as I know, @needhelp‌, all item types in 1Password for Windows should sync to 1Password for iOS. It's just that some of the category names are slightly different, and 1Password for Windows groups some types (for space-saving reasons) under the Wallet and Accounts headings.

• needhelp
    needhelp
    Community Member

I have completed 57 items in the Wallet section and under the membership, driving licence and passport tabs on my Laptop. They have not come over to my two IOS devices but on both of them in the Catagories section and under Pro Categories it reads 57 items, and when i press on them it comes up with pro features saying i need to pay £6.99 or restore purchase.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

My apologies, @needhelp. I just checked the App Store listing for 1Password for iOS, where it says this:

So, they do sync to 1Password for iOS, as I thought, but they are "pro" features.

• needhelp
    needhelp
    Community Member

Many thanks for your help.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We're always glad to help. Thank you for using 1Password!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

They have not come over to my two iOS devices

On OSX and iOS, some categories (such as: instant messenger, FTP account, generic account, iCloud, Amazon) are converted into Login items.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the reminder, @svondutch!

This discussion has been closed.