1PAssword app shows logsin, but browser extensions show "no logins in this vault"

I'm a new 1Password user, trying to move over from LastPass, but I'm having a major issue. I exported from LastPass and imported to 1Password just fine, as shown here: http://hodge.be/tg/1zH.png

But in the browser extensions, I get this message: http://hodge.be/tg/PAi.png

I Googled that message and found ZERO hits for that phrase, which is bizarre. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Do your Login items have URLs associated with them? (without an URL, 1Password does not understand where to "go").

• Grey Hodge
    Grey Hodge
    Community Member

So, I looked again, it seems the importer failed to put the URL in the URL field. thanks, I'm embarrassed I missed that. :)

• Grey Hodge
    Grey Hodge
    Community Member

I had used the import script located at guides.agilebits.com but apparently that didn't work right. So I edited the CSV to just contain the URL, username, password, and description, and used the CSV import ability in 1Password, which worked fine. Thanks for pointing me in the obviously correct decision. :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Sorry to hear about the problem with the importer, Grey. We're doing our best to get those problems ironed out, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for letting us know you found a way to solve the problem!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2015

I'm replying to this old thread, as it has been on my back burner list of things to investigate. I wasn't entirely sure that @Grey Hodge‌ was referring to my conversion scripts above, and I didn't connect the dots at the time (was away wine tasting during the holiday).

It was only today when I'd done a conversion and imported into Windows, and tried to use the Extension to generate a tool tip that I noticed there were no entries being shown by the Extension. Yet they clearly existed in 1Password for Windows, complete with URLs. Then I remembered this thread, and another one where a converter user mentioned he had to click the URL before the Extension would "see" the entry. After re-reading this thread, and from the clue by @svondutch‌ above, I discovered that the "location" field is required in the 1PIF in addition to the URL list for the Extension to see the Login entry.

My apologies to @Grey Hodge‌ and everyone else who experienced this issue; your posts helped me to help others in the future. I've updated the code to output this field, and Login entries now appear in the Extension after importing a generated 1PIF (the 1.03 update is posted in the _testing folder of my AgileBits Utilities folder).

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for all you do, @MrC!

This discussion has been closed.