WINDOWS AND IPHONES

MY WIFE AND I HAVE 2 WINDOWS BASED LAPTOPS, WE BOTH HAVE IPHONES AND OUR KIDS HAVE IPHONES. WHAT DO WE NEED TO BUY-ONE LICENSE FOR $34.99 OR MORE. HOW MUCH?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I think you need a single Windows license + 1 iOS license per Apple ID used by your various iPhones.

• @PMPMM‌
    Richard is perfectly right.
    The deal with our licenses is they are per person, per platform (i.e. Mac vs Windows vs iOS, etc), rather than per device.

When purchasing from our online store (http://agilebits.com/store) one license allows a family to use 1Password on as many devices of the purchased platform as they can afford (i.e. 1Password for Windows allows you to use 1Password on all of your PCs).

1Password for iOS is sold by Apple, and their licensing works in a similar fashion: when you purchase your purchase is tied to your Apple ID. You can then use your Apple ID to install purchased apps on any iOS device "you own or control" (we take that to mean just about any iOS device in your house). You can read more here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4461

If you want to know more, you can read about our licensing here:
    https://agilebits.com/home/licenses

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Well, they're not really "per person," any more, now that we've extended the single-user license to up to six members of a family living in the same household (to match Apple's new policy in the App Store).

• Walden09
    Walden09
    Community Member

I suppose I'm confused with what constitutes an iOS license. The app was free for me in the iOS App Store (...so is that my "license"?). I would also like to use 1Password on two Windows PCs. If I just get a license for Windows I should be good to go across two iOS devices and two Windows PCs, right?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

There is no license for 1Password for iOS or for Android. Instead, you download the app from the iTunes App Store or from GooglePlay, and you optionally use an "in-app purchase" to unlock the "pro" features.

You can purchase the 1Password for Mac app in the Mac App Store, or you can purchase a license for 1Password for Mac in our online store. (There are some differences between the two Mac versions, depending on which you obtain.)

1Password for Windows is available only for licensing from our online store.

You'll need 1Password for each platform (and on each computer or mobile device) where you want to use it:

• For iOS, it sounds like you're already using the free version.

If you decide to unlock the pro features, be sure you use the same iTunes account on all the iOS devices where you want to use them, so the App Store will recognize the in-app purchase on them.

• For Windows, you'll need to purchase a license, once the free 30-day unlimited trial period expires (after which you're limited to 20 items).

A 1Password for Windows license will allow you (and up to five more members of your family living in your household) to install 1Password for Windows on as many Windows computers as they like, as long as they'll be the only ones using 1Password on those computers.

This discussion has been closed.