Unlock on secure desktop never unlocks?

I am using Windows 7 64bit and 1Password 4.1.0.530

In case it matters I have dual monitors, and I normally place 1Password on the left monitor, which has a negative X coordinate. It is to the left of the start menu. This has been known to confuse some programs. Monitor placement has no effect here though.

When I load 1Password it prompts me for my master password, as expected. When I press the unlock on secure desktop I am prompted for the password on a "clean" desktop, just this one window, on which ever monitor I had 1Password when I prompted this.

I have just typed my master password in 7 times in a row, on secure desktop. Every time I press Return to accept the key, and I am returned to the normal unlock window on the normal desktop. This return happens in a second or less. There is no indication that the password was right or wrong, I am just returned to the normal desktop.

I have a rather long master password, so I accept that I will mistype it occasionally, but in 3 separate test runs I must have typed it in 15+ times, and it has never once worked. I log in correctly 90+% of the time, more if I actually slow down and type carefully, using the normal entry form.

My system is fully patched according to Windows update, and it is a clean install, which started about a week ago. Nothing obviously odd or different. The boot drive is a SSD, and there is 24gig of RAM, its a big system.

User Account Control is set to Default

Antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials

Installed browsers are Internet Explorer and Firefox, Firefox is my main browser.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.