TOTP Support

Can we get TOTP support so that we can generate TOTPs from 1password?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

What does Top of the Pops have to do with 1Password? :stuck_out_tongue:

I assume you're talking about One Time Pad password generation (no idea what the first T stands for). If so then how would that work? OTP systems require that both sides of a conversation can determine which pad entry to encode and decode against. I can't see how 1Password could operate in a generic way with OTP.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member

TOTP stands for (Time-based One-time Password). It would work exactly the same way google authenticator works just we'd be using 1password instead of google authenticator. I know it can be done because I currently use KeePass to generate TOTPs.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Ah ok, that's quite neat. The only problem I see if there are differences in implementation. It might improve over time but the are already two or three different, incompatible implementations.

• TOTP is an interesting technology and something that many customers would like to see in 1Password across all platforms.
    We are investigating this kind of feature, but it's too early to say whether it's going to make it into our products.

This discussion has been closed.