Licence for 1Password for Windows if purchased from the Apple App Store

If I purchased 1Password for my iPhone from the App Store, do I have to also purchase a licence for 1Password for Windows? The website asks for an email address, but I don't have that because I purchased it from the App Store.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Please send us your receipt from the App Store, attached to an e-mail message, at support@agilebits.com, and someone should be able to help you.

• mac1503
    mac1503
    Community Member

Thanks, I contacted support however the response was quite disappointing.

I do think that the licencing details should be highlighted in the Apple iStore against your product for the iPhone/iPad.

I have just paid $12.99 for the iphone/ipad version and now am expected to pay an additional USD$35.00 for the desktop version. Had this been made clear on the iTunes site I would not have purchased your product. In essence I have just wasted $13.00

Enpass Password Manager [http://enpass.sinew.in/] and several other password managers offer free desktop versions if you have purchased the iphone/ipad version.

Personally I hardly think your current offerings is 'sane', more like consumer gouging to make extra profit.

Again, this is very disappointing and I will no longer be using your product.

• Hi @mac1503, I'm sorry you feel this way. 1Password is licensed per platform, so Mac, Windows, iOS and Android all require a separate license. I did want to clarify for your iOS version, as 1Password for iOS is a free version, with an option to purchase the Pro features for $9.99 USD.

Our desktop versions, both for Windows and Mac, are currently on sale for $34.99USD. Admittedly 1Password is a premium product, and is priced as such. We hope that premium shows in the quality of the software and support we provide.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@mac1503‌, in another thread in this 1Password for Windows forum, I've illustrated all the places on our web site, in the documentation, and in the iTunes and Mac App Stores where we explain the pricing and licensing policies.

I'm sorry if you missed them, but we've tried hard to be clear about it all.

We appreciate your having selected 1Password, and we want to continue to provide the ongoing support and improvements in the software. Without receiving payment for that work, it just wouldn't be possible.

This discussion has been closed.