Bought from app store but can not get the license

Options

hi I bought pro feature from app store but can not get the license
once I entered my email that I use on app store it says

No valid licenses were found for the email address '********@gmail.com'.
Please ensure the you use the same email used to purchase your order.

can I get some help to get license code like app store transaction number for example ?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Which app store are talking about? You posted this in the Windows forum which doesn't use an app store.

• Scatteril
    Scatteril
    Community Member
    Options

yeah I wanted to use it on windows since I bought the license from app store

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Windows and Mac OS X have separate licenses, if you buy an OS X / iOS license, you won't automatically receive one for Windows. However you do get a discounted price (i guess the Windows license would be 25$ in your case).

When you buy from the Apple Store or the Google Play, it's normal if you get the "no valid licenses were found" as your purchase is linked to your Apple account, AgileBits doesn't automatically know that you've purchased the app.

I'm sure the support team will visit the thread and offer help if you want to have a discounted price for the Windows license.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You can read about our licensing policy on our web site: agilebits.com/home/licenses

Thanks for your interest in 1Password for Windows, @Scatteril‌!

• Scatteril
    Scatteril
    Community Member
    Options

so that means I need to pay 2 times in order to use the app on ios and windows !?.
    While the promotion on IOS says that you can sync between IOS and desktop . This is confusing actually

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're sorry for the confusion, @Scatteril.

As I posted in this thread (which you may find helpful), we do all we can to make our policy clear.

Registering 1Password

You can run the full and unlimited version of the software in trial mode for 30 days, after which you’ll be limited to 20 items.

When you’re ready, purchase a license from our online store, carefully copy the license key from the e-mail message you receive, and follow these steps to register 1Password:

In the main 1Password program, choose Help > Enter License Key.
    In the dialog box that appears, paste the full license key; click the OK button.
    In the confirmation dialog box, click the OK button.

Upgrading from version 1

Licensing

If you purchased a 1Password for Windows license…

In 2013 or later: You’re entitled to a free upgrade to version 4! In the main 1Password program, choose Help > Enter License Key, and (if it’s blank) use your existing 1Password 1 license key.

In 2012 or earlier: Continuing to use all the great features of this new version beyond the free trial period requires that you upgrade your 1Password license in our online store.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

so that means I need to pay 2 times in order to use the app on ios and windows !?

@Scatteril‌ Not necessarily. The iOS app is free.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/1password-password-manager/id568903335?mt=8&uo=4

(although some of the advanced features - such as multiple vaults, for example - do require an in-app purchase)

• Scatteril
    Scatteril
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch yes I have paid for that pro features
    I just dont like to be lured to pay multiple times to get the product fully functioning

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

yeah I wanted to use it on windows since I bought the license from app store

You need to be more specific. Apple aren't the only one's with an app store. Microsoft has one, as do Google which given your gmail address wouldn't have been an unreasonable guess.

yes I have paid for that pro features I just dont like to be lured to pay multiple times to get the product fully functioning

In what way were you "lured". You purchases an iOS app. What gave you any expectation that you could translate it to other platforms?

• Scatteril
    Scatteril
    Community Member
    Options

@RichardPayne‌ once you start using ios version it says unlock pro features to sync among your devices ( devices as I understand is other smartphone and computers as well ) as my understanding its one time pay for all of other synced devices . a statement should be written before paying stat that the purchase will unlock features only on your 1 device not along with your 1password account .

• Scatteril
    Scatteril
    Community Member
    Options

anyways is it possible to get a discount in order for me to move on using the app ?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

once you start using ios version it says unlock pro features to sync among your devices ( devices as I understand is other smartphone and computers as well ) as my understanding its one time pay for all of other synced devices .

I can see how you might read it that way, but I have to say that it is a pretty presumptuous reading.
    I'm not aware of any iOS or Android app store purchases that confer license rights outside of the platform you purchased on.

a statement should be written before paying stat that the purchase will unlock features only on your 1 device not along with your 1password account .

That is not the case though. The license you paid for let's you run 1Password with pro features on any iOS that uses your apple id. I think (although I'm not sure) that Apple now also allow members of the same household to share purchased apps.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

I think that Apple now also allow members of the same household to share purchased apps.

@RichardPayne Correct. Family Sharing allows for this.

This discussion has been closed.