Dropbox sync stopped after email+password change

m_w
m_w
Community Member
Hi - I changed the email address and password for my dropbox account. I noticed that records weren't sync on my iPod anymore and so I reset my dropbox account in the settings as it was still pointing to the old email address. But I can't find anywhere to enter my new email address. It only offers to enter the password and if I do that it complains about the password being wrong.

How can I change my email address for my dropbox account in 1Password on my iPod?

Cheers
Michael

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    m w wrote:

How can I change my email address for my dropbox account in 1Password on my iPod?

Michael you will need to open 1P > More > settings > sync > Dropbox > Account > reset

this will start you over from a clean slate.
  • m w wrote:

But I can't find anywhere to enter my new email address. It only offers to enter the password and if I do that it complains about the password being wrong.

Michael, the first screen is asking for your master password on your iPhone, not your Dropbox password. The next screen will ask for your Dropbox email address and password.

I hope that helps.
  • m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    RobYoder wrote:

Michael, the first screen is asking for your master password on your iPhone, not your Dropbox password. The next screen will ask for your Dropbox email address and password.

Thanks Rob - my mistake. Indeed, I had tried to enter the dropbox password where it asked for the 1Password master password.
    Maybe a suggestion: instead of prompting for "Enter master password in iPhone" (can't remember the exact wording) it would be clearer if it asked for "Enter 1Password master word" - don't refer to iPhone as not everybody will have an iPhone (I have an iPod).

Cheers
    Michael
  • The only problem is that later, we ask for the master password for your 1Password data on Dropbox. Not clarifying the two may confuse more people than just saying "iPhone" on an iPod.
  • m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    RobYoder wrote:

The only problem is that later, we ask for the master password for your 1Password data on Dropbox. Not clarifying the two may confuse more people than just saying "iPhone" on an iPod.

Fair enough. I'm not too concerned about the word "iPhone". What's more important to make clear that you ask for the 1Password password, i.e. "Enter 1Password master word on your iPhone" would work for me. When you ask for the dropbox password, make sure you say something like "Enter Dropbox password".

Just out of curiosity: there wouldn't be a property in the apple framework that you could query and it would return "iPhone", "iPod", or "iPad"?

Cheers
    Michael
  • rob
    rob
    edited January 2011
    OK.

m w wrote:

Just out of curiosity: there wouldn't be a property in the apple framework that you could query and it would return "iPhone", "iPod", or "iPad"?

Perhaps, I have no idea.
This discussion has been closed.