Backup not respecting specified subfolder

I have a dedicated drive in my desktop PC that I store all my weekly backups to. It gets copied off site once a month. I want to store my 1password backups on this drive in a sub folder called "1password" and have browsed for and specified as such in 1passsword's preferences.
However 1password's backups are being stored at the root level of this drive.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Can you tell where the backups are being stored?

Also, what's the full path showing in the Folder for backup copies field on the Backup tab of 1Password preferences?

• tomlut
    tomlut
    Community Member

I want them to store in "B:\1password" the path was set to "B:\1password" but they were being saved to "B:\ "
    Notice I said "were". They are now saving in the correct location. Perhaps because I restarted 1password?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I don't know, @tomlut.

Everything is working as expected, now?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

What is the B: drive? I haven't seen that letter used since the days of dual floppy drive systems.

• Richard, I think since XP you can manually assign the B:/ drive letter to a HDD.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I know @AlexHoffmann‌, and you can also assign network drives to it. However, neither are commonly done. A: and B: and most usually left unused, which is why I was curious.

• Yeah, the old floppy drive times… I don't miss them one bit ;)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

What? Floppy drives were an absolute miracle of modern convenience, you young whippersnapper.

This discussion has been closed.