Newer 4.x Firefox browser extension

safetyman
safetyman
Community Member
edited December 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Not sure how others are feeling, but I liked the v3 FF browser plug-in better. The v4 plug-in frequently shows no logins for sites in my wallet. Granted, some cases are websites changing URLs, but still, things like Yahoo mail? Click the icon on my FF toolbar and no logins. Sometimes, the menu doesn't even come up... not sure what's going on there. Might be a FF issue. Click a few times, no menu, then a minute later they show up.

Another thing. When I need to peruse my logins, the v3 interface was better. Now, when nothing comes up and I need to fish for it, I literally have to hold down my mouse button to get to a "Y" or end-of-alphabet login. It would be a big improvement if it responded to my mouse wheel.

Anyone else?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Response to the mouse wheel for scrolling the Logins list is already on the list of requested features. For now, the best we can do is suggest you organize your Login items into folders. The folders show up in the extension, too, so you don't have such long lists to scroll through. We apologize for the inconvenience.

(You can still use the version 3.x extension with 1Password 4 for Windows, if you like, but please be aware that it's no longer being updated.)

Whenever an existing Login item fails, whatever the reason, the first thing to do is to save a new one manually. If it works, you can delete the old one; if it doesn't, please let us know the URL of the login form, so we can look into what's going on.

Thanks, @safetyman!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

when nothing comes up and I need to fish for it, I literally have to hold down my mouse button to get to a "Y" or end-of-alphabet login.

Have you considered pressing "Y" while the popup menu is up? The popup menu should then re-appear, displaying only those items that match "Y".

• safetyman
    safetyman
    Community Member

Thanks, @DBrown. I think it would be a help if the plugin had a right scoll bar. That way users could quickly get to the bottom.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks again for letting us know your preference, @Safetyman.

This discussion has been closed.