Blank password history

Options

So I log on to a website. It asks me to change my password, as it's been a while.
In the extension (I use safari) I click on the safe icon, to have 1password generate a password for me.
I copy it, and paste it into the form on the website. I click update on the website, and my password is changed.
However - 1password does not register this change. I still have the new password on my clipboard however, so in the helper I click the arrow to
get to the details of that site. I click the password field in order to paste in my new password. DOH! I forgot to click edit first.
So now 1password copies the old password onto the clipboard. The new password lost forever. I'm locked out of the site.
I click the safe icon again - a new password is generated, the old one gone. I click password history - I get a blank window.
Now I'm locked out of that website. 1password has to remember any passwords I generate , and update if I change the password on a site.
I can see that the second might be tricky as websites are not standard, but the first item is critical!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Aceluck,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password. I'm glad to hear that you know about the password being copied to the clipboard after filling - that's a great little safety net!

We do have a second safety net in place for you. In 1Password 3, you should see a 'Generated passwords' category in your sidebar. The newly created password should be there! If you don't see the Generated Passwords category in your sidebar, click the Go menu and select 'Generated Passwords' to show the item. I'm assuming you're on version 3, since you've posted in the 1Password 3 forum, but if you're using 1Password 4, this category has been renamed to simply 'Passwords'. In either case though, it stores all generated passwords for you.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.