Sync 1Password files via email

The application "Password Safe" allows a user to sync vaults via email between devices. I think this is a great feature for user that don't have access to Dropbox due to firewall restrictions or the ability to use WiFi on a business computer. 1Password is a wonderful application but at the moment I can't use it for the reasons mentioned.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Passing a vault back and forth by e-mail wouldn't be syncing—it would just be sharing: "Here's a copy of my vault as it exists at this moment." The instant you or the recipient changes his local copy, the two individual vaults are out of sync.

You could achieve the same thing by zipping up the entire .agilekeychain folder and attaching the Zip file to an e-mail message: the recipient would unzip the attachment and open the .agilekeychain folder in 1Password.

True syncing automatically (or manually, in the case of desktop-to-mobile Wi-Fi) keeps copies in lock-step. You can read about the various supported options in this article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

This discussion has been closed.