The use dropbox is unavailable in Windows preferences and wifi is not working with ios devices

I have a windows pc version of 1password set up and I am trying to sync with my iphone and ipad. Wifi will not work so I tried to sync with dropbox, I can select dropbox on my ios devices but when I tried to set it up on my computer version the Move to Dropbox button is grayed out and not available. I really would appreciate any help to get this corrected.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Sorry for the confusion, @pegnagle.

The Move to Dropbox button means just that: "Take the vault I'm currently using, and move it into my local Dropbox storage." One of the reasons that button might be disabled is because you're already storing your 1Password data there.

What's the full path and filename shown in the 1Password Vault field, just above the button?

Do you see any Logins or other items listed in the All folder in 1Password on your PC?

It may be that your 1Password data is already on your PC, and you just need to choose File > Open 1Password Vault and select the .agilekeychain folder that's in your local Dropbox storage.

—or—

It may be that you need to install Dropbox on your PC, associate it with the same Dropbox account as on your iOS devices, and then follow the instructions in the Getting 1Password data from iOS article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

I hope that helps, @pegnagle‌. Please let us know how it goes.

• pegnagle
    pegnagle
    Community Member

I will have to check that out when I get home. At work they will not allow icloud so I have it sync to my iphone via usb cable, would that cause confusion when I sync via icloud at home?

• pegnagle
    pegnagle
    Community Member

I see that I need Dropbox

• pegnagle
    pegnagle
    Community Member

I can't use dropbox at work either.

• PhoenixDown
    PhoenixDown
    Community Member

I cannot use drop box at work either -- wondering how others are handling

• pegnagle
    pegnagle
    Community Member

Ok I am at home and my path to the keychain somehow changed to 1Password 2.agilekeychain. When I go to the backups it it changed on 12/8. Could that be some of my problems?

• pegnagle
    pegnagle
    Community Member

When I open dropbox on my computer agilebits is not there. So I tried to WiFi Sync..... on my computer file menu and this window opens with the secret code but I can't sync with my iphone because when its in hotspot mode wifi is disabled. So I synced it with my ipad. I worked great. How can I get it to sync with my iphone?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Turn off hotspot mode and connect to the wifi.

• pegnagle
    pegnagle
    Community Member

that is my wifi connection, i need that for my computers

• pegnagle
    pegnagle
    Community Member

my iphone is my connection to the internet, I live in the country and I don't have access to high speed internet and satellite service is costly and not any better than my hotspot....

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

@pegnagle, it's hard to know exactly what your situation is without some basic information. Could I ask again for the answers to the questions in reply #2, above?

Also, is your 1Password data complete on your iPhone or iPad? In other words, could the vault on either of those devices serve as the "master" from which you can rebuild (by syncing) the vault on your home PC and your other iOS device?

(I believe a possible solution is to set up automatic Dropbox syncing on all three and to use manual Wi-Fi sync between your iPhone and your work PC when you're in the office.)

This discussion has been closed.