"Upgrade" of 1Password Mac Family License to "1Password for Windows Single License" details?

I have a "1Password for Mac Family License". I also need to use 1Password on a single Windows machine. I'd like to think I'm entitled to upgrade pricing since I'm adding to my license. But I'm concerned. If I "upgrade" my 1Password Mac Family License to get the upgrade price for "1Password for Windows Single License", do I actually lose my Family License? I.E. Will I have two licenses or just one (the Windows one) going forward?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Larry, the term "upgrade" is a little bit of a misnomer, in that case. Sorry for the confusion.

If you click the Select button under Upgrade license for 1Password for Mac (we don't have a distinct family license, any more), enter your current license key, and click the Search button, you'll see a page that shows any discount pricing for all the products we make.

If the Select button for 1Password for Windows is "clickable" on that page, you'll get a license for the discounted price shown.

You'll be adding that license to your "portfolio," not replacing your existing license, because it's across products.

I hope that makes sense. Please let us know how it goes.

• jsarch527
    jsarch527
    Community Member

I have a similar issue in that I would have preferred to buy the bundle at $70, but unfortunately needed to get the version from the app store since I wanted to use icloud sync. Is there any way to take advantage of bundle pricing even though my initial purchase is through the app store. I'd like to be able to use this when I'm switch my mac over to windows via bootcamp, but I'm on the fence about going in for another $50. Please let me know if there are any discounts for windows purchases for those of us who were unable to purchase the bundle due to a desire to use icloud sync. Thank you.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

@jsarch527‌, please send a copy of your receipt from the Mac App Store, attached to an e-mail message to support+licenses@agilebits.com, and someone there will help you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience as we deal with a rather heavy e-mail influx.

In the meantime, don't forget you can be using 1Password for Windows without limitation for up to 30 days in "trial mode."

• _YR_
    _YR_
    Community Member

I downloaded 1password in AppStore and made an In-App Purchase for the Pro Features. I would like to use a windows version and tried obtaining a license from your website using my email that was used in the AppStore but I am getting a No valid licenses were found for the email address. Any advice or should I purchase a new license. Thanks in advance.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Please send a copy of your receipt from the Mac App Store, attached to an e-mail message to support+licenses@agilebits.com, and someone there will help you as soon as possible.

Note that the e-mail influx is still very high, so it may take some time to get to your message.

In the meantime, don't forget you can be using 1Password for Windows without limitation for up to 30 days in "trial mode."

• Larry Daniele
    Larry Daniele
    Community Member

@DBrown, thanks for explaining the "upgrade" misnomer. I successfully added a 1Password 4 for Windows license at the "upgrade" price. Onward!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks again for choosing 1Password, Larry!

This discussion has been closed.