masterpassword lost, browser extension working with old one. How to replace keychain?

Hi. I have 1Password 3.8 installed on two computers and I use dropbox to sync files. I changed my master password on my work computer and then couldn't remember it, so I created a new vault with a new keychain. (Bummer because I lost all my passwords.) I then went to firefox on my home computer and logged in from the installed browser extension with my old masterpassword and low and behold all my old content was available--apparently, I've lost nothing. Is there a way to "fix" my keychain so it too can use all the info that the browser extension is accessing?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @arash1‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble accessing your information in 1Password! Unfortunately, we don't have a way to export data from the Firefox extension. Do you have the extension installed in Chrome or Safari as well?

If you have the same data in the extensions in those browsers, we can get that exported for you.

If not, you'll need to copy and paste the details from the Firefox extension into your new database.

Please let me know if you need the instructions to export data from the Chrome or Safari extension!

This discussion has been closed.