Multi-Environment Sync without Dropbox?

Is there currently any sync method that can accomplish the following:

1. Works on all platforms (well, Windows, Mac, and iOS anyway, but Android would be a bonus as well)
  2. Does not make use of third-party generic file sync services like Dropbox

Back when I tried out an Android device I switched to a 1Password competitor (since at the time only a viewer application was available), but my subscription with that service is about to come up for renewal and I wanted to see what my options were. I've used 1Password in the past and been very happy with it on my Mac and my iPhone, but supporting my Windows laptop (company laptop) is a must-have for me as well. However, company policy prohibits the use of file sync services like Dropbox. The competitor product I've been using has (what I believe to be) their own synchronization infrastructure, so that is allowed, but is there anything like this for 1Password?

Thanks!

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

There is not, @AdamsGuitar‌.

Your options are described in this article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

• AdamsGuitar
    AdamsGuitar
    Community Member

Thanks, @DBrown‌. Are there any plans for this, or is this just not a use case you're considering?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Things are looking bright with OneDrive, but it's basically the same as Dropbox, with respect to syncing.

I can't really say whether anything else is being considered at this time.

• victoriabrinsley
    victoriabrinsley
    Community Member

2Do is the best way out that can help you in synchronizing iOS as well as Android devices. Just get the set up, then eventually your tasks and lists will going to appear on almost all devices. And, also you need not to put an extra effort from your side.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

You mention tasks and lists being synced between iOS and Android devices, @victoriabrinsley‌. Which apps' tasks and lists are synced? Are files and folders synced, as well? (If not, I don't see how it would be useful with 1Password.)

This discussion has been closed.