Export items and default categories

jordiben
jordiben
Community Member
edited December 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello

Tips to select.

Tips to select.

In windows system program allows the grouping of items into custom categories using different folders and subfolders.

When you select a folder, shown on the right containing the item , but not subfolders .

Export of a portfolio with many items is very complicated because you have to select the item and select only be listed in the right pane .

To select and export items of various category (custom or standard) , can only selecting the category all .

If working with a large portfolio with many items is very difficult to select items.

It would be interesting to facilitate the management of export , you can select one or several of the existing folders (predefined or custom) of categories and / or its subfolders .

I also think that the default categories are insufficient and should be able to add and rename. In the Mac version are many more and should join the windows version .

The app for android and ios is translated into Spanish , when the Windows PC version will result ?

Waiting is of general interest .

:)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

When the All built-in folder is selected, and all your Logins and other items are listed, just click on the Folder Name column in the list area to sort items by the folder in which they reside; click again to reverse the sort order. Select items as needed.

Note that the ability to create custom categories (also known as templates) is a long-standing feature request that would be a major undertaking, one of such magnitude that we simply haven't had the resources to implement it and roll it out on all OS platforms simultaneously, as would be required. Thanks for letting us know that it would be useful to you! In the meantime, all categories (item types) that are available in 1Password for Mac are also available in 1Password for Windows—some are gathered (for space-saving purposes) in the Accounts and Wallets groups.

I hope that helps, @jordiben‌. Please let us know how it goes.

• jordiben
    jordiben
    Community Member

Hello, this can serve in certain cases. But it would be interesting to select items through custom folders left . Why?. because the system tells you not export custom folders , single items. And it can happen that in the system of custom folders .... "Folder A - subfolder 1 - item 100 " look the same item as the one found in "Folder B - subfolder 1 - item 100". It is called item 100, but are different from one 's wallet A subfolder 1 and the other from the folder 2 subfolder 1. Using your technique on the list appear consecutively two item 100 and both under the subfolder 1 column , but one is the folder a and the other B. folder not if I have explained . Thank you . :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I think I understand what you're saying, @jordiben‌. Thanks for the explanation.

This discussion has been closed.