I cant unlock my PC desktop

Bern
Bern
Community Member
edited December 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've just installed 1Password for Windows, and used the Secure Desktop feature.

Now I can only see my desktop background image - with no icons. When I try various key combos nothing changes, except the CTL-ALT-DELETE combination - which allows me to bring up the Log-off/Task Manager etc options. That said, when I select the Task Manager I am returned to the (blank) desktop background image.

When my screen saver kicks in, it allows me to log back in as usual - wherein I'm presented with the same problem. So, I'm effectively locked out of my computer.

Please help, urgently.

Comments

• Bern
    Bern
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

I should have stated that when I'm presented with the (blank) desktop image, there is no error message or pop up box for password entry - nothing whatsoever, no matter what key combinations I type (except the CTL-ALT-DELETE scenario mentioned above)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Sorry to hear that, @Bern—that's a new one.

What happens if you disable the Secure Desktop option?

Also, does this happen when Windows first starts up, when you launch the main 1Password program, or when you invoke the 1Password extension in a web browser?

• Bern
    Bern
    Community Member

I hadn't restarted my computer for fears I might be permanently locked out. When I did, the problem was resolved - although I have no idea why, or how to avoid it again in the future.

Thanks for the help all the same.

• sunnys
    sunnys
    Community Member

I'm having the same trouble with the Secure Desktop taking me to an empty desktop with no dialog box.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@sunnys, does restarting the computer solve the problem for you, as @Bern reports above?

This discussion has been closed.