Logging onto sites

Everything worked fine with the earlier version. With the latest version, it goes to the selected site, but does not enter either the email address or the password. The only way to get it to work is to open ! Password and copy and paste the password. What am I missing?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

How are you selecting the Login, @Clennell—in a browser or in the main 1Password program?

• Clennell
    Clennell
    Community Member

My Internet Browser has the 1Password symbol, which I click on to open. I then enter my password and all my logins are there, but although I am directed to the site the email address and password for the site are not entered. :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

@Clennell What web browser are you running? If you're running Internet Explorer, then here is something you can try:

1. Start IE
    2. Click on the 1Password button
    3. Click on: Settings > Open Logins In > Current Tab
  • Clennell
    Clennell
    Community Member

It is already set as Current Tab. Still no joy, it used to be so easy

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

@Clennell Are you seeing this with every Login item, or only one or two of them?

Here is something else you can try:

1. Reset Internet Explorer, or
    2. Repair Internet Explorer
  • Clennell
    Clennell
    Community Member

For all sites, I arrive at the site OK but the identity and password are not entered by 1Password. I have reset Internet Explorer - no change. This process of iteration is very time consuming an so far it has been fruitless. As mentioned before with the earlier version of 1Password it worked every time! Would it be sensible to uninstall and reinstall 1Password?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Clennell How is this working for you in another web browser? (Chrome or Firefox or Safari)

• dog_man
    dog_man
    Community Member

I'm sorta having the same problem - the user id and password aren't being filled in. If I hit ctrl and backward slash, I am presented in the lower right hand corner with multiple selections (if I have more than 1 user id/password for the site) or the user id and password are filled if there's a single user id/password. I then have to select the LOGIN button to get the main URL to be presented.

I am using IE 11 on a WINDOWS 8.1 Pro PC. Auto-Submit Logins is checked in the LOGIN preferences, along with the suggestions from above. Chrome doesn't work at all on the WINDOWS PC. Safari works w/o issues on the MacBook Air.

• Clennell
    Clennell
    Community Member

I am using IE 11 on Windows 7, it looks like Agile Bits have forgotten that there are IE 11 users. I don't use Chrome, Firefox or Safari as I have enough suffering in my life!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

@Clenell, we work hard to make sure 1Password for Windows works with IE.

When we're not able to reproduce a problem being reported, we ask that the customer experiment temporarily with one of the other browsers mentioned by @svondutch‌ to see whether the problem is isolated to IE, in hopes of tracking down the nature and cause of the problem.

In this case, though, I'm able to reproduce that behavior, and I'll mention that to Dev. In the meantime, I assume you're able (as I am) to press Ctrl+\ to get the form filled with your saved credentials.

Thanks again for your help!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@dog_man, I'm able to reproduce that behavior in IE and Chrome:

In those browsers, the extension takes me to the URL of a Login item selected from the 1Password extension menu, but I have to press Ctrl+\ to get the credentials filled in.

I'll let Dev know. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I've just been reminded that this particular behavior can't be changed in Internet Explorer for technical reasons, @Clenell.

There's still a ticket to make sure it works in Chrome and the other supported browsers.

This discussion has been closed.