1P uses old login data

I went to a website I used to have an account with and had to create a new login....I saved that information in 1P but when I try to login it fills in the old stuff...I can't find the old info anywhere in 1P or in my browser (Chrome)...where is it coming from? (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place in my browser, but I don't have set to remember passwords).

I can send you the URL if it helps.

(Ironically 1P also wouldn't fill in my email when I tried to log into the discussion forum here even though it's saved.)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

It's hard to say where it's coming from, but my first guess would definitely be your browser's built-in "password management" feature.

Have you followed the tips in the Browser settings article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide?

I guess it also depends on how you're trying to fill in the login form: from with the main 1Password program or using the 1Password extension in your browser.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Is it filling the wrong information when you load the page or when you press Ctrl+\? The former would indicate a browser problem while the latter would indicate a 1Password problem.

This discussion has been closed.