Failed to fetch some record zones (iCloud Sync)

Options

Comments

• ethanmstoler
    ethanmstoler
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I just sent in diagnostics reports to support+ios@agilebits.com if that helps speed up the process.

support ID is [#ACD-19268-694]

• tai
    tai
    Community Member
    Options

Set up new iPhone with OS X9.
    Existing library.
    Failed to fetch some recor zone

1Password Version: 5.4.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 11
    Sync Type: iCloud

• flynn2008
    flynn2008
    Community Member
    Options

I downloaded the OS X app this past weekend. Loaded some logins, then downloaded the IOS App. Both were downloaded from the App Store. Initially everything was working and syncing(via iCloud Drive) just fine. Last night I added some more logins, and now my iPad is not syncing. I turned off the sync within the app. Now It will not re-establish itself.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• jordanleven
    jordanleven
    Community Member
    Options

@khad I tried those steps already....didn't do anything.

• jordanleven
    jordanleven
    Community Member
    Options

@aleen I tried all of the troubleshooting steps and mine still still isn't working.

• bw8899
    bw8899
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this issue as well. I've followed the recommended procedure (sign out of iCloud, reboot, sign in) and it doesn't seem to work. My Macs (2) are syncing just fine, however, my iOS devices are getting this error.

• janmesi
    janmesi
    Community Member
    Options

Mine isn´t working too! I tried all the workarounds, without luck.

• jft
    jft
    Community Member
    Options

I'm receiving the same error message when I try to sync with iCloud. And I just lost 2 hours of my time trying every troubleshooting solutions.

• Darwoodster
    Darwoodster
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I've just signed up to say I'm also having this problem and have tried logging out of iCloud, switching off and on iCloud Drive etc and even looking for 1Password hidden files in iCloud Drive and still no success.

My Mac is saying that the vault is synced with iCloud drive '1 second ago' but my iPhone keeps saying "Failed to fetch some record zones".

Please help, I love 1Password and the seamlessness that it had with iCloud drive.

Thanks,

Dan

• drifter
    drifter
    Community Member
    Options

Similar problem with me :'(

• jab3rd
    jab3rd
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Tried all suggestions in the KB. Don't know if it's related, but the Internet wasn't healthy last night. In particular, there was lots of packet loss between Verizon and some of its peering partners. Current status of major transit providers: http://internetpulse.keynote.com/Main.aspx?Metric=PL

• fugu
    fugu
    Community Member
    Options

Having same issue. To help support I enabled all logging data in 1Password iOS, generated a diagnostic report and submitted. Hopefully that will provide some clues to root cause.

• oropeza
    oropeza
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.
    Not sure if it helps. But I noticed that 1Password on my iphone didn't sync anything to iCloud after June 1st.
    Regards.
    Freddy

• gtorres33
    gtorres33
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue here, I tried to switch off/on iCloud and devices to no avail :(
    Now I'm having trouble downloading and uploading my entire photo library again to iCloud. Please try to solve this issue without having us to do anything in iCloud

• tyler_kinsey
    tyler_kinsey
    Community Member
    Options

Randomly last night, my iPhone and iPad stopped syncing with my computers. I've ran into this in the past and tried almost everything suggested on the forums from turning off the cell service, restarting, reseting iCloud... nothing seems to work.... I'm still getting the message "failed to fetch some record zones" Please help!!!!

1Password Version: 5.3
    Extension Version: 4.3.1
    OS Version: 10.10.3
    KB Article: icloud-troubleshooting

• tyler_kinsey
    tyler_kinsey
    Community Member
    Options

This message is only happening on my iPhone and iPad

• alanjuan
    alanjuan
    Community Member
    Options

@gtorres33 agree with you

• sstanhill
    sstanhill
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem! Can't log into using iCloud for iPhone or iPad. Tried logging out of iCloud, rebooting and still having the same error message "Failed to fetch some record zones". Using latest releases of app and iOS.

• meerec
    meerec
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue now -- maybe it's time for AgileBits to fix it once and for all -- way too many problems of the same type being reported !! Disappointed.

• Carlos_Ramos
    Carlos_Ramos
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem: "Failed to fetch some record zones" and my iphone does not update.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

There is now a new post anchored at the top of the forum that gives a status update about this.

• sflomenb
    sflomenb
    Community Member
    Options

My devices stopped syncing. I am trying to reset my iCloud data. I followed the steps until the enable iCloud step. I get the "Failed to fetch some record zones" error message. I am not sure how to proceed. Things seem to be working on my Mac (I.e. I re-enabled iCloud with no problems) but I cannot proceed on either my iPhone or iPad. Most recent versions of all apps and iCloud sync.

• sflomenb
    sflomenb
    Community Member
    Options

Happening to me too, I just made a post as well.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that logging out of iCloud, restarting your device, and logging back in did not resolve things this time. It has worked in a few cases in the past, but this appears to be something different this time.

As hawkmoth mentioned, we posted an announcement about the current status at the top of the iOS category here:

[Status Update] iCloud: Failed to fetch some record zones

I'll quote it here for your convenience:

Good morning everyone. We have received reports that some of you are running into trouble while attempting to sync via iCloud and being presented with an error in 1Password for iOS that reads, "Failed to fetch some record zones".

We have reached out to Apple and are currently working on a solution to this problem.

Rest assured, the 1Password data on your devices is not being affected by this error, and you can continue to use 1Password for iOS both within the main app and the 1Password Extension in Safari and other apps. The only thing impacted by this problem is syncing, so any changes you make will not be synced to or from your iOS devices until it is resolved.

At this time, if you need to sync changes from one device to another, we recommend switching to Dropbox sync until this matter is resolved. We have instructions in our User Guide to help with that process: switch to Dropbox sync

As we get more information, we will post in that announcement thread. You can be notified of updates by bookmarking that thread.

1. Visit the announcement thread.
    2. Click the star at the top of that thread (not this one you are reading right now). When the star is "illuminated" (i.e. yellow), you will receive email notifications of updates to the issue.

Thank you all for hanging in there. We have not updated the 1Password app recently, so this issue came as a surprise to us as well. We really appreciate your patience.

• sflomenb
    sflomenb
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to say I am experiencing this as well. Was working fine as long as I have had 1Password until today.

• password_carp
    password_carp
    Community Member
    Options

I did all of this and the data on my iPhone 6 is still different than my MacBook pro even though they both say they are synced with iCloud.

KB Article: icloud-enable-in-system-preferences

• password_carp
    password_carp
    Community Member
    Options

I did all of this and the data on my iPhone 6 is still different than my MacBook pro even though they both say they are synced with iCloud.

1Password Version: 5.3
    Extension Version: 4.3.1
    OS Version: 10.10.3

• Johnny5
    Johnny5
    Community Member
    Options

iOS version was working fine until 2 days ago when I started getting the error message "Failed to fetch some record zones". Now 1password for the iPhone won't sync with iCloud. I have 1password on my MAC and it is working/ synching with no issues. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. Turned off and on the cellular data.
    Any suggestions?

OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
    Sync Type: cloud

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tyler_kinsey, @tai, @sflomenb, and @password_carp,

I merged your posts with this existing thread. Please see [Status Update] iCloud: Failed to fetch some record zones for the most up to date information.

• password_carp
    password_carp
    Community Member
    Options

If you click the Manage button at the bottom of the ICloud preference window should I have 2 1password files?

This discussion has been closed.