Failed to fetch some record zones (iCloud Sync)

Options

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

@TedPrice818, @Johnny5,

I also merged your posts with this existing thread. Please see [Status Update] iCloud: Failed to fetch some record zones for the most up to date information.

@password_carp,

That is normal and okay. The best thing to do would be to leave it there. More details are in our support article here, though: iCloud Drive lists ‘1Password’ more than once in iCloud settings

• rowehg55
    rowehg55
    Community Member
    Options

I can't sync my iOS devices.

Works fine on Macbook Air and Macbook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.3. Not on 2 iPads and 2 iPhone 5's running iOS 8.

I disabled all device syncing, deleted the iCloud file, recreated it with 1Password on the Macbook Air - all is good there. I downloaded the newest version from the Apple app store on the Macbook Pro and turned on syncing - it works fine. I deleted 1Password on one of the iPads, re-downloaded from the app store and tried to start syncing with existing vault. Got the message about "Failed to fetch some record zones". I have turned syncing off/on, rebooted, logged out of iCloud and back in, and turned cellular data off and on. What next?

(No, I'm not in Airplane mode either.)

1Password Version: Current app store versions
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.10.3 and iOS 8.3
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    KB Article: icloud-troubleshooting-reset-cloud-data

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rowehg55,

I merged your posts with this existing thread. Please see [Status Update] iCloud: Failed to fetch some record zones for the most up to date information.

• password_carp
    password_carp
    Community Member
    Options

This started with one of my credit cards. The company decided to change the number. I entered the new number on my MacBook Pro and even though both my iPad and iPhone say the are synced with iCloud the new credit card number is the same as it was.

• jordanleven
    jordanleven
    Community Member
    Options

@khad Is the problem fixed? I noticed you closed this thread.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@password_carp, unfortunately, that is expected at the moment as iCloud sync is temporarily not working on iOS.

@jordanleven, the current status is in that announcement thread. The short version is this sentence:

We have reached out to Apple and are currently working on a solution to this problem.

Since the thread is an announcement thread, it is supposed to be closed. We will be posting official updates there as they become available. Sorry for any confusion. Please be sure to bookmark that thread if you wish to receive email notifications of the updates.

We're working hard to resolve this as quickly as possible, but there is nothing new to report since the most recent post in the announcement thread. Thanks again for your patience!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @txlonewolf,

I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our iOS forums. I'm sorry you're getting that error for iCloud sync in 1Password on your iPhone! This is a known issue, and we have information about that here.

That's really all we know right now, but our developers are working to figure out what caused this to start happening. I'm sorry I don't have more information right now! That thread from the above link will also describe how to be notified of any updates we post there. If you have more questions, please do let us know. :)

• password_carp
    password_carp
    Community Member
    Options

Okay so I lost my mind and deleted 1 Password from iPhone 6 reloaded it. 1Password asked if want to sync with iCloud when try get Failed to fetch some record zones, 1Password encountered a problem.

• mndewdrop
    mndewdrop
    Community Member
    Options

iCloud sync isn't working all of a sudden. I haven't changed any settings on my phone. When I did the troubleshooting and restarted syncing with my iPhone, i get "Failed to fetch some record zones 1Password encountered a problem" I've already reset iCloud.

1Password Version: 5.3
    OS Version: 10.10.3
    Sync Type: iCloud
    KB Article: icloud-troubleshooting

• agile_ra
    agile_ra
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Don't feel too bad - I also deleted my iPhone's 1Password data and could no longer use iCloud to get it to sync back in...do'ah!

• Ric Steinberger
    Ric Steinberger
    Community Member
    Options

Same symptoms for me: No sync between iPhone, iPad and Mac via iCloud. I get no error messages and sync appears to run correctly when I initiate on the iPhone or iDevice. It just doesn't actually sync. Obviously, the sooner this is fixed, the better.

• gmreed
    gmreed
    Community Member
    Options

OK, little concerned here. The "troubleshooting" steps you have suggested have broken the sync between ALL of my iOS devices. And the suggested site to refer back to for updates:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/42923/status-update-icloud-failed-to-fetch-some-record-zones

Is CLOSED. So how exactly are we supposed to get updates on this issue?

If this is a known issue, which it appears it is, it would have been a really good idea to update the "troubleshooting" steps to include that information, along with a recommendation that you DO NOT want to perform these steps on other devices, or you will break those devices as well. Basically, you "troubleshooting" steps turned this minor issue on one iOS device into a major device on all my iOS devices. That is not acceptable!

I do not accept using DropBox as a solution. I did not purchase this application to use DropBox, I purchased it to use iCloud sync. Say what you want about iCloud sync vs DropBox or DropBox vs Apple or anything vs anything else. You offered a product for sale that offered iCould sync, that is what I paid for, that is what I expect to be able to use.

Please reopen the above mentioned forum so updates can be received and provide timely updates. This is a very serious issues for some users, me included.

Regards,
    --Glenn

• sflomenb
    sflomenb
    Community Member
    Options

@gmreed They are just going to update the post in the thread you are talking about, so no further replies in that post are needed. Hence why it is closed.

• 744b748
    744b748
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Edit: sorry, please disregard. I just read the announcement regarding this issue and I see that this has been raised again in a brand new thread. (I landed on this thread via Google and missed the other one.)

• gmreed
    gmreed
    Community Member
    Options

@sflomenb Then the thread should not be marked as closed, marking it closed is misleading. In all the forums I have read, marking a thread closed means no further updates or information will be provided in this thread. But that is not what they are saying.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

@mndewdrop, I merged your posts with this existing thread. For the most up to date information, please see:

[Status Update] iCloud: Failed to fetch some record zones

@password_carp, that will not help. Please do not delete anything or change anything unless we recommend that you do.

The current status is in the aforelinked thread. iCloud sync is not working at the moment in 1Password for iOS. There is no way to fix it presently, but we are in touch with Apple about the matter. The solution we suggested already is to switch to Dropbox sync (or you could also use Wi-Fi Sync.

@gmreed, follow the steps I wrote there to bookmark the thread. You will receive email notifications when we post official updates to that announcement thread.

…that is what I paid for, that is what I expect to be able to use.

I completely understand where you are coming from, but iCloud is not something we control. As I said before, we are in touch with Apple to figure out what is going on.

Please reopen the above mentioned forum so updates can be received and provide timely updates. This is a very serious issues for some users, me included.

As soon as we have more information, we will post it in the status thread. If you have bookmarked that thread you will get an email notification of the update.

• password_carp
    password_carp
    Community Member
    Options

I really liked ! password. Can anyone suggest a similar app? I'm ready to jump!

• gmreed
    gmreed
    Community Member
    Options

@password_carp There are plenty of other alternatives out there, but I don't think it's time to jump ship and move to something else. If this drags on for days, into weeks, then I might be there with you. My issue is the "troubleshooting" steps/page that they failed to update. I had everything working fine on two devices, but since I followed the recommendations they posted on their site, I now have three devices that don't work. I could have easily lived with one non-syncing device, but now I have three, that does not work for me.

For the time being, I will using the WiFi sync option, it's going to be real pain to have to sync this way, but I can live with it for a couple of days.

This is not the first time Apple has made changes and it has broken someone else stuff, I get that. Been through this with Google and other application providers, I get it. But not updating the site to advise that we are aware of this issue and you should NOT follow these steps listed below right now is not acceptable to me. Again, what started out as a small issue to me has become a real pain in the a$$, something that could have been avoided if someone would have thought ahead a little.

• Ric Steinberger
    Ric Steinberger
    Community Member
    Options

I think AgileBits should consider hosting its own small cloud (say on AWS). Users could make that a primary sync mechanism, or a backup one (in case iCloud has problems). This would be an alternative to Dropbox. Ideally, users would be able to select both a primary and a secondary/backup sync mechanism that was engaged whenever a problem with the primary occurred.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, Ric!

I've merged a bunch of threads on this same subject into this one. If you're just joining us now for the first time, please check on this thread for the latest information we have available on the subject.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Given that LastPass was compromised recently, I prefer the current AgileBits approach, which is to NOT ever have any of my data under their control. Compromised services seem to be all too common these days, and not just those hosting password data.

• password_carp
    password_carp
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks gmreed. That worked. I really didn't want to learn a new app and this one has been so good.

• Lukas
    Lukas
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am using 1password for a few days. The first password synced without problems but the entries i saved later didn't.
    I reseted all data according to you documentation. But now its worse. I can't connent to iclod from my phone. The error "Failed to fetch some record zones" is displayed.
    How can i fix this problem?

1Password Version: OS X: 5.3.2, iOS: 5.4.2
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: iClund

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lukas, I merged your posts with this existing thread. For the most up to date information, please see:

[Status Update] iCloud: Failed to fetch some record zones

• notagile
    notagile
    Community Member
    Options

I updated two Secure Notes items on my Mac and it does not seem to update to my iPhone. I have done a manual Sync Now and still not updating. I have done a hard reset of the iPhone and a restart of the computer. still not updating. Any suggestions?

• Audentia
    Audentia
    Community Member
    Options

So I realize this is an old thread but i gotta jump in and say I am also having problems.
    My mac, iphone, and ipad, all use iCloud, but are in fact all slightly different.

Now, it may be because: I am using OSX 10.11 dev Beta, iOS 8.4 public beta, and iOS 8.3 on Mac, iPhone, iPad respectively.
    Heh, i know, i'm asking for trouble.
    I tried deleting both iOS apps and reinstalling them, however now, when i want to use an existing iCloud vault, it fails with "Failed to fetch some record zones: 1Password encountered a problem"

Any ideas? or shall i just have to wait until i update my iOS devices to iOS 9? (i will soon once the dev beta is a bit more stable)

• ndevries
    ndevries
    Community Member
    Options

I set up password1 on iPad and added all my logins. It seemed to work fine. I went to sync with my iPhone via iCloud and got an error that it failed to fetch some record zones. I went through all the help documents and made sure all settings were correct. As a last resort I deleted the app from both devices and reinstalled. Now neither device will sync.

• Fsm
    Fsm
    Community Member
    Options

My iPad and iPhone are not syncing. I decided to disable sync on the iPad, when I tried to re able it again, it gave me an error saying "Failed to fetch some record zones"

Any idea on what to do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• tshewangrigdzin
    tshewangrigdzin
    Community Member
    Options

iPhone 6+ cannot connect to iCloud after erase & reset. iPhone 5C was working but stopped after I disconnected & reconnected. Everything is up to date. I am running Ver. 5.3 on (1) iMac, (2) MacBook Pro [2008], and (3) MacBook Air. All are still synced with iCloud. I have Ver. 5.4.2 on a MacBook Air and it is still working with iCloud. If I disconnect and reconnect, I do not know what will happen.

1Password Version: 5.4.2
    Extension Version: not applicable
    OS Version: IOS 8.3
    Sync Type: iCloud
    KB Article: diagnostics

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @notagile,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Can you tell me how you are trying to sync your data? Dropbox, iCloud, Wi-Fi Sync?

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.