Database Out of Sync

mmpboca
mmpboca
Community Member
edited December 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm having an issue getting all devices using the same database. I have windows-based laptop, iphone, and ipad. In addition, the backup says there are almost 200 items, but when I restore, it only show less than 100. HELP! Also, the ones that are on the laptop are frequently missing any of the password info like user id and password. I tried to run the Repair, but it says all is ok.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Do you have any idea whether there are actually missing items?

Why are you restoring, rather than syncing?

On which platform (Windows or iOS) were the items created?

• mmpboca
    mmpboca
    Community Member

Yes, lots of missing items. I believe the counts to be correct between the two with 100 or so missing.
    I was syncing, but somewhere along the line they got out of sync. I was trying to get things in sync again but isn't working. Some were created on iphone and others in Windows.

I would like to use the one on my iphone as the "answer-key" then start syncing again across all the devies, but I don't know how to pull that off.

Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Can you clarify what you mean by "answer key"?

• mmpboca
    mmpboca
    Community Member

The database that is currently mostly correct is the one on my iphone. I want to basically delete the one on my ipad and laptop and then sync with the one one on my iphone.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Please follow these instructions carefully and in the order shown here.

A. On your iPhone:

This is the general procedure. Please see the 1Password for iOS user's guide and knowledgebase for details.

1. Launch 1Password.

2. Disable Dropbox syncing.

Do not remove the 1Password app, or you will lose your 1Password data!

B. On your PC:

1. In the main 1Password program, press Ctrl+P, and select the General tab.

2. Note the full path shown in the 1Password Vault field.

3. Quit 1Password, and close all web browsers.

4. Launch File Explorer (the one you use to view files and folders on your computer, not Internet Explorer).

5. Locate the .agilekeychain you noted above.

6. Change the .agilekeychain extension to .agilekeychain_old.

C. On your iPhone:

This is the general procedure. Please see the 1Password for iOS user's guide and knowledgebase for details.

1. Launch 1Password.

2. Enable Dropbox syncing.

3. Allow enough time for your 1Password data to be copied to your private dropbox.com web site.

D. On your iPad:

1. Remove the 1Password app.

All your 1Password data will be removed from your iPad, along with it.

2. Re-install the 1Password app, and select Dropbox sync.

3. Confirm that your Logins and other saved items are present.

E. On your PC:

1. Make sure Dropbox has finished copying your 1Password data from your private dropbox.com web site.

2. Launch 1Password.

3. If you are asked whether you want to use the 1Password data found in your local Dropbox storage, accept the offer.

If you are not asked whether you want to use the 1Password data found in your local Dropbox storage:

a. Choose File > Open 1Password Vault.

b. Locate and choose the 1Password.agilekeychain folder in your local Dropbox storage.

4. Confirm that your Logins and other saved items are present.

I hope that helps, @mmpboca‌. Please let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.