Sync Issues, Vault is empty

lifewater
lifewater
Community Member
edited December 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

New user here, please bear with me.

I signed up for your service via my Windows PC and setup various logins, saving my keychain to Dropbox. I tested this on 2 machines without issue.

I then installed 1Password on my iPhone where I got a value mismatch when syncing from Dropbox, so I was forced to sync via Wi-Fi. I'm honestly not sure what happened after this but my Dropbox vault has nothing in it if I open my Windows 1Password Application. So I'm basically unable to use any of my logins on my windows PC.

Not sure what to do now, as my Dropbox vault is empty. Thankfully my iPhone still has my passwords but I'm scared to close it as I don't think it will have my password data if i reopen it.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@lifewater‌, what's the full path shown in the 1Password Vault field on the General tab of preferences in the main 1Password for Windows program?

• lifewater
    lifewater
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

@DBrown

C:\Users\lifewater\Dropbox\1Password.agilekeychain

• Hi @lifewater,

Let's start by making sure you have a backup that has all of your data so we can feel more confident going forward and trying things. You can manually trigger a backup on iOS under the Settings > Advanced view. There should be a 'Create Backup' button. You can then use iTunes File Sharing to get that backup on to your PC for safe keeping.

Next what I'd recommend is that on iOS you disconnect from sync all-together. Then from Windows, delete (or set aside if you'd like us to poke around and try to determine what went wrong) the agilekeychain file that's in Dropbox, and create a new one using 1Password for Windows. You should then be able to connect iOS to that new agilekeychain and it'll fill it with all the data.

That should get you back up and running. We'd love to get some information out of the old agilekeychain file to determine what could have gone wrong.

Rick

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Thanks, @rickfillion‌!

@lifewater:

For removing or renaming your 1Password vault on the PC, use File Explorer to locate that 1Password.agilekeychain folder in your local Dropbox storage. Either delete it or change the extension to .agilekeychain_old (which 1Password then won't let you open).

Once that's done, here's another way of getting valid 1Password data from iOS.

It'd sure be nice to figure out that "value mismatch" you mentioned, too.

• lifewater
    lifewater
    Community Member

@rickfillion @DBrown Thank you very much for your help with this. It seems this resolved my issue, I'm very happy to have this all up and running again. How would you like me to send you my old keychain. I'm interested to see what the culprit was so I can avoid making these silly mistakes in the future.

• @lifewater‌ : good to see this got you up and running.

Could you PM me and we can discuss how best to get the info out of the agilekeychain? I'd rather you not send us the whole package as that's your data. Best if we have that discussion in private.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.