How to get a total count of items in 1password

I'm moving from 1password on the Mac which conveniently has a count of all items to the right of the all items entry in the UI. The windows UI has an all items, but has no count. 1) why is the UI not consistent and 2) how do I get a count of all items to make sure that my vault didn't get corrupted and is missing items?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

1) 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows are two different programs developed from the ground up by different teams for use on different operating systems and will always have certain inconsistencies in the UI. We do what we can to minimize them and apologize for any inconvenience caused by the remaining differences.

2) I'm not aware of any way to get a count of all items besides adding the count of items in the individual categories, which you can see by enabling the View > Show Item Counts option in the main 1Password program. There are no item counts for folders, including the built-in folders like All and Unassigned. I don't know why this particular difference remains, but we apologize again for the inconvenience.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

how do I get a count of all items

Here's a stupid workaround :)

1. Start 1Password
    2. Click on: Backup > Back Up 1Password Vault
    3. 1Password asks: "Would you like to open the backup folder?". Click on: Yes.
    4. Locate your backup (you might want to click on the column named "Date modified")
    5. The backup file name will tell you how many items you have in your vault.
This discussion has been closed.