Site with multiple usernames?

I've got an issue that popped up with the release of 1Password 4, but I never really got around to looking at it until now.

There's a site I use that has 2 plaintext fields to fill out, and one password. The plaintext fields are a company ID and a username. The older versions of 1Password handled it with no problem, but 4, only fills out my username, and not the company ID. I looked around at the entry in 1Password, and it captured a load of values that were being passed by the page, and it has the ability to set the various values as "username", "password", or "none". I set the company ID to username, and 1password populated it perfectly, there was only one hitch. It will only allow 1 username at a time apparently, so it set my actual username to "none", and stopped filling THAT out.

Is there anything I can do to get both fields to automatically populate?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That definitely should be possible, @Stitchley‌.

Can you tell us an exact URL where we can take a look?

Also, what browser are you using?

• Stitchley
    Stitchley
    Community Member

I'm using IE 10, the site is https://wellsoffice.wellsfargo.com/ceoportal. I just checked, and it's working correctly with Chrome 39.0.2171.95 m

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Ah, I don't have IE 10 available for testing.

Is there any reason you don't want to use the current version of IE?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

My advice is to save a new Login item manually:

1. Start your web browser
    2. Navigate to https://wellsoffice.wellsfargo.com/ceoportal
    3. Enter your Company ID plus User ID plus Password, but do NOT click on "Sign On"
    4. Click on the 1Password button
    5. Click on: Settings > Save new Login

From here, you can save a new Login item.

• Stitchley
    Stitchley
    Community Member

Creating a new login solved it!

As far as IE... it's not that I don't want to use a more recent version, it's that some of the sites I am required to use go all loopy on modern browsers. There's a few that really don't work on anything more recent than IE 8, it's absolutely shameful.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out, @Stitchley‌!

For future reference, the instructions for saving a new Login item manually are always available in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

This discussion has been closed.