Autosave issue

I am using latest version of 1Password for Windows....Every website that I go to (where a password is needed) the Password Autosave box pops up, even though the username and password is then used and logs me in. So I have to close this pop up everytime AND the program is then holding multiple versions of the same login info...What am I doing wrong and how do I get rid of the multiples of identical login credentials?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

First, can you send us a screen shot of the auto-save dialog box you're seeing at sites where you already have a Login saved that works in your browser?

Second, you can choose the Logins category in the main 1Password program and click on the Location column heading (and possibly on the Title column heading) to sort Logins in a way that makes redundant items easier to spot.

• rmelton
    rmelton
    Community Member
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Thanks, @rmelton‌. After you unlock your vault in this dialog box, do you see another dialog box?

Also, if your vault is already unlocked, do you see this dialog box or any other on these same web sites?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Every website that I go to (where a password is needed) the Password Autosave box pops up

How are you entering the password? Are you letting 1Password do this for you, or are you doing it manually? If you're doing it manually, then 1Password is probably locked, and it has no way of knowing whether that password already exists in your vault. This is why the auto-save window appears. Here is my advice:

• Let 1Password do the filling. Do not enter your passwords manually.

or...

1. Start 1Password
    2. Click on: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Auto-Save
    3. Check (enable) this setting: "Disable Auto-Save when Vault is Locked"

how do I get rid of the multiples of identical login credentials?

1. Start 1Password
    2. Unlock
    3. Click on: View > Duplicated Passwords
    4. Click on the column named "Location"
    5. Delete the Login items you do not need
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Enabling the View > Duplicated Passwords toggle will show you any Logins that have passwords that are used in any other Logins, even if they're not for the same sites.

Sorting the Logins list by Title and Location (once each), as described in reply #2 above, is the best way to scan your list to determine whether you have multiple Logins for the same site.

This discussion has been closed.