Totally Unresponsive

I have just installed 1 password, but the add in is not working at all for chrome or explorer - No response to a click, ctrl + \ or a prompt to add password when I log onto sites. Have run through the add on solution in the knowledge base but now seem to work.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@kansah, you're saying you've tried all the tips in the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

the add in is not working at all for chrome or explorer - No response to a click

Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature --> OFF

• kansah
    kansah
    Community Member

The extension started working spontaneously for chrome, but still unresponsive for IE, so tried a reset and re-enable the extension, but now the icon has disappeared from the browser and there are no prompts to save passwords when browsing in IE.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Please make sure there's still a check in the box next to Internet Explorer on the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences.

• kansah
    kansah
    Community Member

The box is checked, but I noticed that there is no "installed confirmation" next to IE, but there is one next to chrome - Is that normal?

• kansah
    kansah
    Community Member

Have got the icon back in IE (command bar was turned off), but it is still unresponsive.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

The box is checked, but I noticed that there is no "installed confirmation" next to IE, but there is one next to chrome - Is that normal?

Yes. I'm not sure why it's displayed differently for IE, except (perhaps) that IE is present on all Windows installations, so there's no need to determine whether it's there (as manifested in the display of the other browsers). It would be less confusing if they all looked the same, though.

Have got the icon back in IE (command bar was turned off), but it is still unresponsive.

Can you describe exactly what steps you take, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.