1P extension stopped working.

Options
Hiroshi  Ishibata
Hiroshi Ishibata
Community Member
edited December 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone else was having a similar issue.
The extension suddenly stopped working. The extensin's icon doesn't show up on the browser's tool bar, both firefox and safari. Every time I relaunch firefox it asks me if I would like to install the extension, which I've already installed a couple of times earlier upon restarting FF.

If anyone has any thoughts on how I can fix this, I would appreciate it very much.

All the best,
Hiroshi

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hiroshi Ishibata, welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the extension. You described what happens each time you open Firefox - does something similar happen in Safari? Or if not, can you give us more details about what happens after installing the extension in Safari and relaunching? Also, when did you first notice this started to happen?

You may want to try simply restarting your Mac, then reinstalling the extension (if necessary) and see if that helps. If not, can you please let us know the following:

• Mac OS version
    • 1Password app version
    • 1Password extension version
    • Safari & Firefox versions

Thanks!

• Hiroshi  Ishibata
    Hiroshi Ishibata
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back. Here is the info.

Mac OS version: 10.8.6
    1Password app version: 3.8.22 (build 32010)
    1Password extension version: 3.9.20 on FF, Don't know how to find this on Safari.
    Safari & Firefox versions: 6.2 (8537.85.10.17.1) and 34.0 respectively.

I've done the restart and reinstall.

With Safari, it didn't ask me each time if I would like to install the extension, but the key icon does not show up on the toolbar.

Same with FF now. It isn't asking me to install upon relaunch anymore, but still no key icon.

Thanks again.
    Cheers

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hiroshi Ishibata,

Thanks for the additional information. It sounds like the extension is still installed in Firefox, but you may need to add it to the toolbar by following these steps:

• In Firefox, click on the three-bar icon at the right end of the tool bar.
    • In the panel that appears, click the + Customize button in the lower left corner.
    • Look for the 1Password extension icon, and if you find it, drag it up into the toolbar.
    • When finished, click the Exit Customize button.

Does that help?

As for Safari, please go to the menu for Safari > Preferences, then click on the Extensions tab. Do you see the 1Password extension in the list? If so, which version? Is it enabled?

• Hiroshi  Ishibata
    Hiroshi Ishibata
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Thanks for your help. Things are back to normal on Safari but not so on FF.
    You say:
    "In Firefox, click on the three-bar icon at the right end of the tool bar.
    In the panel that appears, click the + Customize button in the lower left corner.
    Look for the 1Password extension icon, and if you find it, drag it up into the toolbar."

I don't see the 1password extension icon here

When I go to the Add-ons Manager, I see the 1Password extension, and I'm assuming that it's enabled because I only see the "Disable" and "Remove" buttons.

I did a reinstall of the extension, relaunched FF and get the same situation.

Thanks again.
    Hiroshi

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Hiroshi Ishibata

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac3

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.