change username, work from keyboard, problems

huckrorick
huckrorick
Community Member
edited December 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I’m having a terrible time starting out with 1Password. I want a password manager and I got a trial version of 1Password. Problems:

• When saving my login 1Password has gotten it wrong several times. On one site it put my password as the username.

• Can’t find out how to edit username. 1Password got it wrong so I wanted to correct the username. Searched the documentation. Can’t see how to do it.

• On one site it brings up the site, but the site is asking me for username and password. 1Password didn’t fill it in. Why????

• I like to operate from the keyboard. Ctrl+\ brings up a window and typing “L” seems to get me to the login but then I have to click my choice. Typing any letter takes me out of the selection window but nothing happens. I’m just left on a blank web page.

• I registered with the forum. 1Password saved the login and when I go the site it asks me to register. i.e. apparently 1Password takes me to the registration, no the forum.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Did you see the Quick Start section of the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide? It contains the absolute minimum information you need, in order to get working with 1Password. The rest of the guide is full of information you'll find useful as you become acquainted with 1Password and get more out of it.

• It's always best to save Login items in the browser. If you do that, 1Password has a definitive record of what values go in what fields; otherwise, it can only make a "best guess."

• Select the Login item in the main 1Password program. In the details area, click the Edit tool (the one shaped like a pencil). In the Login dialog box that appears, locate the row that has the word "username" in the Designation column; double-click that row. In the small dialog box that appears, select the old username in the Value field, and replace it with the new username; don't change anything else in that dialog box. Click the OK button to close the small dialog box. Click the OK button to close the Login dialog box and save your changes.

• My guess is that 1Password is not able to map the values you entered to the fields on the login form. Did you save the Login in your browser or create it in the main 1Password program?

• You should be able to navigate the extension menu using the arrow keys, as noted in the Using keyboard shortcuts article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide.

• Perhaps you saved the Login item while on the registration page (https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/register). If so, please edit the Login item, changing the URL to https://discussions.agilebits.com .

I hope that helps, @huckrorick‌. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for trying 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.