Password Entry Notes Left Exposed

EdWoods
EdWoods
Community Member
edited December 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

There has been occasions where the notes section of my banking login entry are left exposed on the desktop after login the used. The notes information remain exposed until I log out of windows. Steps that made it occur......Go to bank login page, CTRL+\, type in master password to unlock 1PW, select bank account to auto-fill. Has anyone else experienced this? (Win 7 64-bit, IE 11)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

There have been a couple of mentions, here in the forum, in the last few days, but I haven't been able to reproduce it on my own test systems.

In the next beta build to be released, Dev has added an option to disable that tool-tip display of the Notes field contents. Be sure you have the Include beta versions option enabled on the Updates tab of 1Password preferences.

• EdWoods
    EdWoods
    Community Member

Thank you. I did notice the other mentions, but decided to not to delete my post as it differed slightly from the others; Firefox vs IE. I do have betas included in the updates. Look forward to the update.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

You could put put that information in custom fields on the login rather than the notes field.

• EdWoods
    EdWoods
    Community Member

Tried again today this time with Chrome and did not experience the same behaviour. Beginning to think it is IE 11 related and not 1PW4.

• I've been trying to reproduce this behaviour on my machines, but haven't been able to do so. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't seem to influence this either.

Might I recommend two things:

1. Please download the next 1Password 4 for Windows beta once it is available.
    2. Reiterating RichardPayne's point, it would be best to edit the item and adding this kind of information in custom sections and fields.
This discussion has been closed.