1Password button greyed out

H3rmes
H3rmes
Community Member
edited December 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

I've got something of a curious problem: Under Windows 7 Home Premium with Firefox 35.0.5 I can use 1Password 4, but not the browser extension. The 1Password button is greyed out and does not react when clicked.

I tried installing the beta version of 1Password, since it seemed to fix problems caused by Anti-Virus programs, but that didn't work either. My Anti-Virus program is Kaspersky.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

@H3rmes‌, Mozilla reports version 34.0.5 as the latest stable build.

As noted in the Requirements article in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide and on the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences (always the place to go for extensions that are compatible with the version of 1Password that's running), 1Password is not tested with beta builds.

Once you're using a stable build of a browser, you might also find useful information in the Kaspersky Internet Security article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@H3rmes‌ Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature --> OFF

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

@H3rmes‌, disabling code signature verification should no longer be necessary for 1Password and Kaspersky to function harmoniously, but it may help (as @svondutch suggests) if something else is the problem, and it's certainly worth a try, as noted in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase.

Regardless, please remember that 1Password is not supported with beta, aurora, dev, canary, or other non-stable or out-of-date browser versions.

This discussion has been closed.